Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

And another crazy optimist has taken over this site on Middlewood Road: "Mughals - Taste of authentic Indian food with fine dining area..." The menu looks to be all balti, tikka masala, dopiaza bog-standard (pun intended) stuff, so it might do better than Two States...

Where's the pun?

Where's the pun?

Indeed, James, where could it be hiding?

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 20:17 ----------

I visited 7 Spices on Gibraltar Street last night. Newly refurbished with a new-ish menu - it was very good. The proximity to several decent watering holes make it even more attractive!

Indeed, James, where could it be hiding?

---------- Post added 26-07-2018 at 20:17 ----------

I visited 7 Spices on Gibraltar Street last night. Newly refurbished with a new-ish menu - it was very good. The proximity to several decent watering holes make it even more attractive!

It was decent before. Not the best but decent enough and as you say in a good location for a few beers beforehand.

What has changed?

It was decent before. Not the best but decent enough and as you say in a good location for a few beers beforehand.

What has changed?

I have not been for a while, so not sure when things schanged but the interior is much more modern. The menu has most of the old favourites but also some new stuff (sorry, can't remember details as I had a Northern Monk Imperial Stout straight afterwards).

I was most impressed because all of the sludgy madras-korma-phal options were on the back in a small table. Out of sight, out of mind...

Edited by PeteM01

A new place called The Cat's Pyjamas is set to open shortly in the old Prezzo place near Hunters Bar on Ecclesall Road. Looks interesting...

https://www.rmcmedia.co.uk/vibe/food-and-drink/article/Indian-street-food-heading-to-Ecclesall-Road

http://www.thecatspjs.co.uk/

Due to open Sept 5th. I will definitely be giving it a try.

Anyone know why Abdul's on Ecclesall Road closed down? It was my absolute favourite Indian takeaway and I've yet to find another that delivers to Hillsborough area that's of the same quality!

not exactly in Sheffield, I recently visited Riverside Spice in Catcliffe and was very very impressed, this unassuming little restaurant on Main Street gave me the best Indian meal I have eaten for a long long time.

An extensive menu, great customer service and a nice feel about the place.

Highly recommended.

obviously it's all down to personal taste, but:

On Woodseats, I've been advised that Kashmiri Aroma is one of the best, but Viraaj keeps getting nominated for awards.

I'm being taken out for my birthday next month and can't decide which one to go for. I always look for the most authentic restaurant I can as I'm definitely not a tikka masala man and want as close to the real thing as possible.

Any advice is appreciated.

A new place called The Cat's Pyjamas is set to open shortly in the old Prezzo place near Hunters Bar on Ecclesall Road. Looks interesting...

The signage for this place is possibly the worst I've ever seen. If it's any indication of the quality of the restaurant I doubt it will survive long.

Cat's PJs: Oh God, "Street Food".

To be fair, I've eaten in the Leeds Branch (indoors, you don't actually go onto the street, and the food has never actually seen outdoors, but y'know, marketing) and it was good. Genuinely good quality but the branding is up itself.