Really really obscure Sheffield bands

Not got a clue who the band were but a heavy rock band used to play at the Newton Hall Chapeltown in the early 70's

I am sure I can remember a very good group called "The Rats" from Sheffield, but I also think there was a group with the same name from Manchester. But the grey matter could be misleading me.

Ok mate yield to your better knowledge. Never really been a Music aficionado. Were the Extras well known then bitd ?

Were you aware of the Mysterons ?

The Extra's were supposed to be the next big thing, I think NME picked up on them, they went gigging in London and then it all went wrong, can't remember why, but they explain it in the "Made in Sheffield" documentary.

My husband played for a group called Tapestry in the 70s and 80s. Anyone remember them?

Toxic toys , early.80s hardcore punk and gong/ here and now influenced band can't remember there name but members included mat colley, Steve ........... and Dave edley

Great times. Any of them.on here might remember JUD AND JEFF.

Just putting this out again. Would love to hear from anyone knowing them.

The Spread played at The White Lion, Heeley on the 28th of March 1969. It cost 4/- to get in. Never heard of them.

I bought a book from Oxfam and there's a fragment of The Star in it which includes an ad for the gig.

Just putting this out again. Would love to hear from anyone knowing them.

dont know them as such but the Toxic Toys played the first gig i ever went to

24th april 1986 hallamshire hotel.

Toxic toys

Systematic annex

Dead meat

Systematic annex i knew from Woodhouse, Anarcho punk band that released a demo (that i still have) and also had a track featured on a rather norty worded mortarhate lp

The Drummer Shaun Williams then went on to well known Sheffield psychobilly band The Radiacs

anyone remember the blue express ,did a few pubs on the manor and crookes area

mule sweat ,top rock covers band from Penistone big mates of Graham Oliver who stood in for their lead guitarist in the nineties at the red grouse pub Stocksbridge.

I always had a soft spot for They Must Be Russians.....

I hung around with the first 'they must be russians',doing a bit of poetry over their music.apparently there has been an ever revolving change of band members since until it expired.