Megathread - Help me find out who killed my Mum - Patricia Grainger

Just seen on Twitter that the star are reporting that south Yorkshire police are opening a new cold case squad. I instantly thought of this case from learning about it from this thread. I haven't read the article yet but figured it might be another opportunity for you to try and get some traction going to push them forward and hopefully fresh eyes may make some new progress for you.

A mobile police until being deployed in parson cross on the 10th august (20th anniversary) so any member of the public who have not been able to come forward may approach the mobile unit and provide the information they have.

I have update main thread page

And heres a link to the latest article about the mobile unit

Mobile unit being deployed

Has anyone ever thought that there could be a link to the Micheala's random and brutal murder in 2001. I am not inferring that there may be a connection through prostitution, but the sheer brutality and apparent randomness.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/woman-convinced-she-saw-michaela-hague-s-killer-a-week-before-the-sheffield-prostitute-was-murdered-1-7552365

Has anyone ever thought that there could be a link to the Micheala's random and brutal murder in 2001. I am not inferring that there may be a connection through prostitution, but the sheer brutality and apparent randomness.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/woman-convinced-she-saw-michaela-hague-s-killer-a-week-before-the-sheffield-prostitute-was-murdered-1-7552365

Hi hotrock no i totally understand how you could think that, i myself have mentioned not only this case but others which have shown similarity the police believe theres no connection what so ever to my mum and michaela, or any other case thats been similar in sheffield and further out.

Ive done my own detective work over the years but unfortnetly with my mums investigation its now like finding a needle in a haystack the only hope we have is this person is known to someone and will eventually slip up or information be given that gives the police enough to act on.

The information has to be out there somewhere we just dont have it yet. I can give my own account that we believe from autopsy reports and the police the location my mum was found was a dumping site for after they had finished what they did to my mum someone must know who moved her or helped to move her she wasnt a small girl and she was still alive at the brook due to the same water in the stream being located in my mums lungs i tell most of this to the media but not all gets printed.

Fingers crossed that with further investigation, publicity and advances in technology you get the answers and justice you seek

Fingers crossed that with further investigation, publicity and advances in technology you get the answers and justice you seek

Thank you hotrock

10th August 2018

Reward to be offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible (Pending Legal Arrangement with Crimestoppers)

The son of a Sheffield woman murdered 21 years ago wants to offer a £5,000 reward for information to help detectives finally crack the case.

Source The Star

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/son-of-murdered-sheffield-woman-wants-to-offer-5-000-reward-to-help-catch-killer-1-9293809

Never give in, hope justice is served.

Best wishes.

Stay strong, Danny. The truth will out: it always does.

S x

I have read the latest plea for anyone who knows anything about Patricia's brutal murder to come forward.  Patricia's son, Danny, has released new information and a video. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crime/graphic-content-sons-desperate-bid-to-find-mums-killer-after-attack-in-sheffield-478341

What a terrible story, I feel so bad for her and her son.

Someone reading this may know something, or think they know.

Please come forward, you can give information anonymously.  I am sure they have DNA evidence so if you mistakenly implicate the wrong person, it will all be cleared up.

was a bloke known as Elvis question or thought to have committed the crime ,hear that years ago