Blades transfer rumours summer '18

It hasn't happened.

Thats a shame.Looks like Duffy will be sat on the bench again.

Edited by petcharlie
adding extra

On his 2 performances this season he wouldn't have been missed.Scores the odd screamer but contributes little else to the game.

Wigan are splashing the cash.Looks like the big city of Sheffield are not entering into the spirit of transfer dead line day and leaving all the spending to the Mighty Wigans of this world.The Board at Sheff 2 must be satisfied with the performances at the Blades .:help::help:

I think Sharp and Clarke will still be leading the line in 2030 .The Blades spent along time getting out of league one But watching the other clubs buying good quality players I think without investment and showing no ambition (again) the board can not wait to get back.

I did say last season, you do need to spend a bit, you need to look up with players, not down.

I also said last season you excelled and needed a little bit of a push, you didnt.

I also said it might be harder next (this) season so last season was your best chance (early days mind but so far so not good)

Thats a shame.Looks like Duffy will be sat on the bench again.

Deal may be back on a loan to purchase.

Deal may be back on a loan to purchase.

Thanks for the up date can not say we will miss him.Wilder has just been on and said he hopes to have two new players in by Monday .Who could that be then.

---------- Post added 14-08-2018 at 13:01 ----------

It looks like Wilder is still trying to land Hogan.Would be a good signing if he comes on loan .It will give us a chance to take a look at him before parting with a hefty wedge,thats if the Blades would part with a big fee.Villa paid around 11 or 12 million for him so they will be hoping to get most of it back.He has had a few issues with fitness I am led to believe so having him on loan would be wise before we part with a big fee.Having these players on loan before you buy is very clever on C W part.we can see if they fit before parting with the cash.Wilder is a smart cookie doing business this way and to think that some had started to question him ,we should have known to trust him.

---------- Post added 21-08-2018 at 12:17 ----------

Thanks for the up date can not say we will miss him.Wilder has just been on and said he hopes to have two new players in by Monday .Who could that be then.

---------- Post added 14-08-2018 at 13:01 ----------

It looks like Wilder is still trying to land Hogan.Would be a good signing if he comes on loan .It will give us a chance to take a look at him before parting with a hefty wedge,thats if the Blades would part with a big fee.Villa paid around 11 or 12 million for him so they will be hoping to get most of it back.He has had a few issues with fitness I am led to believe so having him on loan would be wise before we part with a big fee.Having these players on loan before you buy is very clever on C W part.we can see if they fit before parting with the cash.Wilder is a smart cookie doing business this way and to think that some had started to question him ,we should have known to trust him.

Having time to read about Hogan and with hindsight also listening to some Villa fans i am having some doubts about Hogan.Paying a whopping 35 grand a week to some one who comes already injured is a big risk.We signed Ched when he was injured and we have yet to see him play fully fit and he has been here for months.At 35 grand a week it is 20 grand to much for a crock.

---------- Post added 23-08-2018 at 13:08 ----------

Sounds like a number of deals involving other clubs including Prem clubs need to be completed before the Blades can push forward with plans for new signings which surely would involve a much needed goal scorer.The Boro winger that Wilder was eyeing up looks to be history after Pulis said no more players would be leaving in this window.Also Villa seem in no hurry to ship out Hogan if they fail to land their targets.Bearing in mind that Hogan is still on the treatment table and has been for a while paying his 35 grand a week may be a risk to much.

Wilder still has plenty of money to spend (in United's terms) with the sale of our main asset to the South Coast also Evans along with other bits and bobs.We seem to have mugged Brighton for Norwood which I feel will turn out to be a master stroke.Plus we landed I feel a good center back but most Blades think a striker is a must so taking in to account the problems that are mounting up regarding much publicised targets maybe C.W. should look elsewhere .

Southampton are said to be open to offers from the Championship to loan out Shane Long who is fully fit and played only last week .Always thought he was a decent player and a goal scorer but he is 31 years old but a good player.Could he be a better option than a injured Hogan?No doubt C.W. will do the right thing.

Southampton are said to be open to offers from the Championship to loan out Shane Long who is fully fit and played only last week .Always thought he was a decent player and a goal scorer but he is 31 years old but a good player.Could he be a better option than a injured Hogan?No doubt C.W. will do the right thing.
u

Hope so, although recruitment in January didn’t go too well.

Conor Washington set to sign.

signed confirmed - free transfer

Don’t know much about him is he a winger or striker as I’m sure he was on the wing for qpr?

Marvin Johnson confirmed too.

Should do well for ye wish ye well guys for the season..