"People also search for" in Windows 10

Annoying dropdown when returning to Google search page in W10. Searches I've done say it cannot be disabled. Anyone know different?

Not seen it before, what browser are you using.

Have you run a scan for malware/ad-ware, sounds like that sorta crap some dodgy software would do.

Not seen it before, what browser are you using.

Have you run a scan for malware/ad-ware, sounds like that sorta crap some dodgy software would do.

No, if you search in Chrome, select a link then return to the search you will see a list of alternate searches drop down.

Surely that's Chrome and nothing to do with Windows 10? Or have you confirmed it doesn't happen in Chrome on other operating systems?

Surely that's Chrome and nothing to do with Windows 10? Or have you confirmed it doesn't happen in Chrome on other operating systems?

Same on W8.1. Likely is Chrome no matter, can it be disabled?

Same on W8.1. Likely is Chrome no matter, can it be disabled?

Still not quite sure what you're getting at, could you give me a step by step to replicate?

I have opened Chrome, typed in the box at the top "something random" - then Google comes up with all it's results, if I click a link in Google, then go BACK a page, it just brings me back to the Google search results as expected...

I've never seen this before, are you sure it's a feature of Chrome and not just ad-ware.

---------- Post added 06-08-2018 at 14:20 ----------

Wait is a small little box with a couple of words in it underneath the link you just went through??

This: https://imgur.com/pr8E38N

Honestly I don't think I've ever even noticed it before.

I've never seen this before, are you sure it's a feature of Chrome and not just ad-ware.

---------- Post added 06-08-2018 at 14:20 ----------

Wait is a small little box with a couple of words in it underneath the link you just went through??

This: https://imgur.com/pr8E38N

Honestly I don't think I've ever even noticed it before.

That's the little blighter. Sorry, it will annoy you now too.

---------- Post added 06-08-2018 at 15:42 ----------

Still not quite sure what you're getting at, could you give me a step by step to replicate?

I have opened Chrome, typed in the box at the top "something random" - then Google comes up with all it's results, if I click a link in Google, then go BACK a page, it just brings me back to the Google search results as expected...

Plus a box below the link you just followed, with "people also searched for" and more suggestions, presumably leading to sponsored links?

That's the little blighter. Sorry, it will annoy you now too.

---------- Post added 06-08-2018 at 15:42 ----------

Plus a box below the link you just followed, with "people also searched for" and more suggestions, presumably leading to sponsored links?

Ah, that's not even a 'chrome' thing, it's a google thing... and normal, and been there for a good few years now, although they recently changed the way it looks and works...

https://searchengineland.com/google-launches-new-look-people-also-search-search-refinements-291918

There are various options in your google account settings to enable/disable various search settings, there MAY be one to turn this off, but I haven't had a look myself as I can't say it's really bothered me...

they have it popping up when you go back as they think that the result you clicked, may not have been relevant to your search (because you came back to the search page) - so offer you other suggestions of what people (who also clicked that link) searched for as an alternative...