Upgrading a Mcbook air .

Any tips on how to up grade a Mcbook air 2011 4GB version to a later version than Lion I have tried apps but it tells me that the 10 .7.5 version cannot upgrade although I know that this Mac has already had El Capitan with the previous owner .

That macbook air will support up to (and including) OSX High Sierra 10.13.x

Although no handoff or BT4.0 (as the 2011 air doesn't have them)

I would recommend backing everything up, and running a clean install (by holding the option key on startup) - You will need the OSX on DVD or USB, and this should let you select it to boot from, and then perform a fresh install from there (or maybe try the upgrade path that way?)

ALWAYS make sure you have your data backed up before performing any major upgrade....

I would recommend backing everything up, and running a clean install (by holding the option key on startup) - You will need the OSX on DVD or USB, and this should let you select it to boot from, and then perform a fresh install from there (or maybe try the upgrade path that way?)

ALWAYS make sure you have your data backed up before performing any major upgrade....

Cheers for that will I get the DVD OR USB from the Apple shop in Meadowhall or some other source please.

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 10:26 ----------

I messaged you:)