Channel 4 to show abortion footage

The Channel 4 documentary titled My Foetus will controversially show a woman who is four weeks pregnant having a 'vacuum pump' abortion. Other previously banned footage and images will also be shown. The programme is due to be broadcast on the 20 April.

It's thought that the film will spark an interesting debate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3600621.stm

Ugh, networks will do anything for ratings.... Although I doubt there'll be many people watching it....I'd rather spend an hour having root canal work done than watch something like that.

Is NOTHING private anymore ? Has this been made by Pro-Life/anti-abortionists per chance ? I can not imagine many people who have experienced an abortion being too interested in watching this. Maybe I am wrong.

I dont see the problem with it. If you dont want to see it, change the channel or switch the telly off. Nobodys forcing anyone to watch it.

It's not as simple as that though. People will watch it and people will get offended/upset. Its just the way it is.

tough life really is like that

exactly. People will watch it, but they will be watching it of their own free will. If it offends or upsets them, theyve only got themselves to blame for watching it in the first place. Its not as if theyre being made to watch it against their will.

Perhaps the pro abortionists should be made to watch it and see the true horror of what they support.

Can we take it you won't be giving the keynote speech at this year's "A Woman's Right To Choose" debate then Mo?

Mojo I am an athiest so my beliefs are not based on religion. I can see certain circumstances when an abortion would be acceptable but in the main it is in my mind wrong.

I know there will be people come on here to tell me that most women do not take the decision to have an abortion lightly and that there is an enormous mental trauma associated with it and again I am sure they are right but for many it is an alternative to contraception. These women shouldn't be offered abortion but sterilisation. There that should get some of you on your high horses.

That should put the cat firmly among the PC pigeons!

I agree with much of what you say, but I'm glad you included the "certain circumstances when an abortion would be acceptable" rider.

i think its awful that people can do that, have abortions. if i fell pregnant i would always keep it no matter what the circumstances-take responsibility for my own actions but i do understand in some circumstances why people do it. i think the program looks interesting, people dont know enough about it and how it affects the women that have them.

mimi