Ryanair Cancellations

Does anyone have any further updates on the cancellations with Ryanair ?

Were due to fly this Saturday to Fuertaventura but as yet not heard anything

It says on their website if you don't hear your flight is to be cancelled then take it your flight is unaffected but I would ring and ask to be safe

I've already received an opportunist's spam e-mail, suggesting that he sell me random Ryanair flight tickets in the hope that one or more will be cancelled and that the statutory refund will exceed the flights' cost @ £9.99 each!

Iv'e tried several times ringing Ryanair but all the lines are busy....Unable to get through to live chat too, could scream

Listening to the radio all day and correspondence from anonymous pilots that have worked for Ryanair. It sounds like the cause of this issue is the terrible terms and conditions of the Ryanair flight crew have led to hundreds of them leaving over the last year causing a serious shortage of pilots.

Apparently there is a global shortage of pilots anyhow and in the future companies like Ryanair are going to have to improve their terms and conditions otherwise they won't be able to cover all their routes.

Does anyone have any further updates on the cancellations with Ryanair ?

Were due to fly this Saturday to Fuertaventura but as yet not heard anything

The full list of flights affected was released by Ryanair about four hours ago and can be found at the link below. No flights to/from Fuerteventura are affected.

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

I have tickets for Dublin on Friday. So far, no cancellation.

Total shambles,a company who can't run a holiday rota?

Total shambles,a company who can't run a holiday rota?

As someone above alluded to, I think there's far more to this than meets the eye.

Even if someone had screwed up the holiday rota, wouldn't it make sense to cajole the pilots with monetary incentives, and perhaps time off in lieu to work their holidays? Seems to me it would be far cheaper than cancelling flights, losing customers and paying compensation. Not to mention adverse publicity.

A friend is coming to visit next month, Ryanair, if it gets cancelled it would not be as bad as someone who booked a full holiday.

His return flight from Eindhoven was £32. The open train return Manchester airport Sheffield (he flies on peak train hours) will cost £37.

Edited by dutch

As someone above alluded to, I think there's far more to this than meets the eye.

Even if someone had screwed up the holiday rota, wouldn't it make sense to cajole the pilots with monetary incentives, and perhaps time off in lieu to work their holidays? Seems to me it would be far cheaper than cancelling flights, losing customers and paying compensation. Not to mention adverse publicity.

There are limits on the number of hours a pilot can fly I believe so this may not be possible.