Passing on bad news

Now that many people are online, and many people do not see or speak to each other in person; does it how bad news is passed on?

Getting the sack via text message, it a very reliable medium. My mother has just died, my brother has not seen her for over 10 years.

I may see him next week, but text, or facebook messenger? Does it matter?

I got the news, via facebook messenger.

I think being sacked by text or email is cowardice - you aren't employed by text.

If people are "big" enough to put you under pressure to win the job they should grow a set and sack you face to face.

Anything else i think is dependent upon your personal circumstances,my closest friend advised me of the death of his brother and father by email, because he couldn't handle the calls.

I haven't seen our inlaws for 10 years i'd be surprised if we were even notified if anything happened.

Now that many people are online, and many people do not see or speak to each other in person; does it how bad news is passed on?

Getting the sack via text message, it a very reliable medium. My mother has just died, my brother has not seen her for over 10 years.

I may see him next week, but text, or facebook messenger? Does it matter?

I got the news, via facebook messenger.

Sorry for your loss. I think it does matter and I think passing on news of the death of a close relative should be in person if at all possible.

I'd suggest sending either a text or messenger message to your brother asking him to phone you A.S.A.P and take it from there.