Gary Glitter ..

this is not for the entertainment forum . So just had an evening listening to Gary Glitter videos on youtube while reliving my youth . Should I be ashamed ? We all know what Paul Gadd did was vile and evil but Gary Glitter was an act (who made good music) and is part of our history . Personally I do not feel ashamed .

this is not for the entertainment forum . So just had an evening listening to Gary Glitter videos on youtube while reliving my youth . Should I be ashamed ? We all know what Paul Gadd did was vile and evil but Gary Glitter was an act (who made good music) and is part of our history . Personally I do not feel ashamed .

always felt sorry for the local glitter tribute band their act died overnight,think they were the gutter band or similar.

When we were younger Gary Glitter was an act that many people enjoyed and bought his records. We did not know Paul Gadd, the horrible vile man. He and Jimmy Saville, will always be in our memories, because they were part of our youths.

You have nothing to be ashamed of, in my opinion

the glitter band were the band and still are...i believe, they still need to make a living, screw Gadd

the glitter band were the band and still are...i believe, they still need to make a living, screw Gadd

yes that was part of my thinking , why is the music banned ? if all music , television , arts and so on were banned because of criminality , we wouldn't have much left

• Like 1

yes that was part of my thinking , why is the music banned ?

Possibly because Gadd would still get royalties every-time his music is played.

It's an interesting proposition actually, do you discount someone's art/work after you've found out they were a paedo or a murderer or something. Stuart Hall being found guilty for his vile crimes ruined Ninja Warrior for me - some other bloke doing it instead just isn't the same.

---------- Post added 04-08-2017 at 23:37 ----------

yes that was part of my thinking , why is the music banned ? if all music , television , arts and so on were banned because of criminality , we wouldn't have much left

Depends on the crime. Most of us would have to destroy great swathes of our music collections if someone decided music should be drug-free. That won't happen. Kiddie fiddling? Different ball park.

Good point that. He will have used royalties to finance his activities no doubt. All the foreign trips to abuse youngsters for example.

He still gets around £65,000 a year according to reports.

I think Adolf Hitler's watercolour paintings are very good. There, I've said it.

This is a bit obscure I would have thought but I like the Gill Sans typeface. Eric Gill the designer of the typeface had sex with his teenage daughters, his sisters and dog.

But I doubt most people would recognise the typeface and chances are they wouldn't know about what he got up to either.

I think the more prominent and recent the criminal acts are the more like we are to deride the artwork. As time goes on and especially if the crimes are less well known about then we seem (as in all of us/general public) less likely to care what the artist did in their personal lives.

Good to see Sheffield were ahead of everyone else by knocking down Sheaf Baths even before Rolf Harris was even charged. Although he snuck in later to do another one that had to be painted over, as you would with any other graffiti.