EBay advice please, listing removed after completed auction.

Help! I need some eBay advice again...

I recently sold some tickets for a sporting event on eBay. After a 3 day auction completed, the buyer promptly payed, and the funds are in my PayPal account.

Last night, about 6 hours after the auction ended, I recieved an eMail from eBay, with a subject line of "Your eBay listing has been removed: Event Tickets" (can provide more detail re: the email they sent, if required).

Checked my eBay account, the listing is removed. Checked by PayPal account, the funds are still there.

I'm due to be handing over the tickets in person, around lunch time today. I'm concerned, as the listing was removed, will eBay transfer the funds out of my PayPal account and back to the seller?

Is it best to withdraw the funds to my bank account, and if I do, can they still take money from there?

---------- Post added 16-06-2017 at 08:45 ----------

Following is an extract of the Email they sent...

Some of your listings haven't followed our Event Tickets policy. In this email, we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:

- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed item(s) is available further down in this email.

- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

How about refunding to the buyer, meet them in person and they give you cash?

How about refunding to the buyer, meet them in person and they give you cash?

Problem is, the listing does not exist anymore within the eBay system. I could refund the money back through PayPal, but then eBay will still presumably try to take the (10%) final valuation fee from my PayPal account.

They confirm that they are keeping the final value fee, so I presume that means you keep your sale funds, unless the buyer requests a refund. I'd still move funds into your other account though, to be safe.

Problem is, the listing does not exist anymore within the eBay system. I could refund the money back through PayPal, but then eBay will still presumably try to take the (10%) final valuation fee from my PayPal account.

I've had this but the other way around, where I was the buyer and the item got removed. I received a mail from eBay saying not to make payment, but I already had via paypal. I also already had a tracking number from a legit deliver firm so I trusted the item was on it's way and being an honest sort, I contacted the seller to say I was still happy to go ahead as long as the item arrived within the expected timeframe. It arrived and nothing more has happened since. However, there was a link on my email from eBay of how to raise a dispute if I had paid, now if your buyer is less honest than me then there is a chance that they could take the tickets from you and then file an 'item not received' dispute, so make sure you get them to sign some paperwork saying they received the tickets for x amount blah blah, and take a photo of some ID so you can prove who actually took the tickets. Sounds daft and over the top, but eBay collection in person scams are rife.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Trust-Safety/Collect-in-person-pay-with-Paypal-scam/qaq-p/1232901

Thank you all for your advice.

Have printed out receipt with details of sale (item number, buyer's username and address, etc). Instructed dad (they are his tickets, selling via my eBay account) to take photo of ID when he passes them on. Fingers crossed.

Can't help by wonder if I'm being paranoid or hyper-cautious here. Also, been a bit concerned because the buyer only has 2 feedback (positive) and was only registered in May 2017. I should have selected only to sell to buyers with more reputation (think you can sell to buyers with 10 feedback or more).

Hate selling high value stuff on eBay, you just know something is going to go wrong.

Thank you all for your advice.

Have printed out receipt with details of sale (item number, buyer's username and address, etc). Instructed dad (they are his tickets, selling via my eBay account) to take photo of ID when he passes them on. Fingers crossed.

Can't help by wonder if I'm being paranoid or hyper-cautious here. Also, been a bit concerned because the buyer only has 2 feedback (positive) and was only registered in May 2017. I should have selected only to sell to buyers with more reputation (think you can sell to buyers with 10 feedback or more).

Hate selling high value stuff on eBay, you just know something is going to go wrong.

Any scammer will immediately see that they won't be able to use the Paypal item not received scam the moment you ask for ID and a signature to prove receipt of the tickets...Paypal and eBay are utter tools when it comes to proof but it's pretty clear cut in this one if anyone did try to pull a fast one. All buyers have to start somewhere so low feedback isn't necessarily a sign they are dodgy, they might genuinely have only just started using eBay. Best of luck!

If it does all go belly up you can always take them to small claims court, they have a pretty notorious reputation three due to their shocking dispute procedure.

I have had a few ebayers removing items recently. I assume they do that in order to not pay fees; and avoid bad feedback, although I believe u can still leave feedback.

It hasnt caused me any problems, but I would not deal with those sellers again.

I've had this but the other way around, where I was the buyer and the item got removed. I received a mail from eBay saying not to make payment, but I already had via paypal.

Happened to me as well earlier this year, but the message from eBay suggested that I hadn't made payment, and nor was any reason for the listing being pulled, given.

My concern was that I had actually paid, via PayPal, the evening before....

Equally worrying was the message that "the seller is no longer registered on eBay", so I couldn't even contact them in order to see what the position was....

Long story short, a tedious 14 day wait to see if the matter was "resolved" by contacting the seller - which, of course, I could no longer do - and then wait for PayPal to honour their commitment to refund.

Took a month, if memory serves.

Help! I need some eBay advice again...

I recently sold some tickets for a sporting event on eBay. After a 3 day auction completed, the buyer promptly payed, and the funds are in my PayPal account.

Last night, about 6 hours after the auction ended, I recieved an eMail from eBay, with a subject line of "Your eBay listing has been removed: Event Tickets" (can provide more detail re: the email they sent, if required).

Checked my eBay account, the listing is removed. Checked by PayPal account, the funds are still there.

I'm due to be handing over the tickets in person, around lunch time today. I'm concerned, as the listing was removed, will eBay transfer the funds out of my PayPal account and back to the seller?

Is it best to withdraw the funds to my bank account, and if I do, can they still take money from there?

---------- Post added 16-06-2017 at 08:45 ----------

Following is an extract of the Email they sent...

Some of your listings haven't followed our Event Tickets policy. In this email, we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:

- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed item(s) is available further down in this email.

- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

I doubt EBay could remove money from your PayPal account. Sounds like thieving to me. Still it is Ebay and they will do owt to winkle money off you.

Angel1.