Should Morris Men be banned?

Tedious hour or so of weirdos in the Sentinel. If it was Hitler Youth prancing about iwhy is this acceptable?

Didn't see it but I've been in maybe 5 or 6 times and it is a weird pub overall isn't it?

You never know when it's going to be open. Sundays - shut when they feel like it - usually before 9.30pm. Mondays shut. Tuesdays open. Wednesdays - open but they turn it into a cinema and you can't have a conversation. Bizarre!

They are right bang in the centre of a big student area but they don't cater for students. I had a crackin beer in there a couple of weeks ago - some kind of double IPA I think it was. After the first pint I thought I'll be here for the evening! Then I go back and it's "gone off" for the evening! It's only been on for about an hour!

Food/snacks are good and the kids behind the bar are great - but terrible mis-management and I don't see how it can survive tbh.

If it was Hitler Youth prancing about iwhy is this acceptable?

Perhaps broken English should be banned?

What does that even mean?

Prancing individuals waving handkerchiefs they'd just wiped their noses on.

I'm a Morris man and my current car is a 1957 Moggie!

I'd hate to be banned just for keeping a real car on the road!:)

echo.

Tedious hour or so of weirdos in the Sentinel. If it was Hitler Youth prancing about iwhy is this acceptable?

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Sorry if other people having a good time is unacceptable to you.

It is certainly our moral duty as a nation to ban anything that the Hitler Youth would theoretically have been capable of doing. Starting with standing up, sitting down, lying down and of course all forms of dancing.

Morris dancing is a good old English tradition. A little bit weird but each to their own. When I was last at The Sentinel and they arrived it seemed like the Morris Men had just decided to turn up rather than being booked.

The Sentinel is one step away from bankruptcy.

£1million in debt and trying to sort a CVA with their creditors.

Morris dancing is a good old English tradition. A little bit weird but each to their own. When I was last at The Sentinel and they arrived it seemed like the Morris Men had just decided to turn up rather than being booked.

I find it a shame people think we're a bit weird. We're honestly a pretty normal bunch of blokes, with professional jobs and good social lives.

Morris is basically an excuse to hang out at the pub and get free tickets to festivals. It really is great fun.

Yes! I totally agree, along with trainspotting and amateur dramatics. They are an abomination to mankind and should be outlawed immediately.

haha...

They are odd to say the least. And I can't watch them at all.

Should they be banned? No, just as myself and many others don't like or understand what it's all about, doesn't mean others don't like them.

Leave them be. they seem happy enough.