Sheffield Forum

Who has the most annoying voice on TV

Home > General > Entertainment Chat

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-03-2017, 08:27   #1
pitsmoorlad
Registered User
pitsmoorlad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Definitely not in Walkley
Total Posts: 1,907
Maybe I'm becoming a grumpy old sod, but there are certain people on TV whose voice really sets my teeth on edge, (like fingernails down the blackboard). Regardless of whether or not they have any talent, some TV "stars" make me want to destroy the telly as soon as they start to speak.
In no particular order my pet hates are:

Keith Lemon (yes I know it's a comic character)
Alan Carr
Danny Dyer
Rylan (don't know his surname and don't care)
John Bishop
Jeremy Clarkson
Janet Street Porter.

I'm sure other forummers will come up with names that make me go " Oh yesss him / her as well".
_______
Don't worry men, they couldn't possibly shoot us from that dist......
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 09:21   #2
smithy266
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Unstone Green
Total Posts: 4,299
I am getting a bit fed up of hearing James Corden
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 10:40   #3
cressida
Princess Cool
cressida's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: In a bar near you soon
Total Posts: 22,240
me too

and Keith Lemon

Alex Jones
_______
'The more you ignore me the closer I get' Morrissey

Alphabetti Spaghetti
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 11:45   #4
medusa
mostly here
medusa's Avatar
 
Admin Team
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: in a recliner
Total Posts: 36,059
Jimmy Carr's laugh really irritates me.
_______
'Turn you inside out and lick you like a crisp packet.'
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 11:51   #5
Marx
Registered User
Marx's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Total Posts: 2,779
Adrian Chiles. He is also useless.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 12:23   #6
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny
pattricia's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Total Posts: 75,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cressida View Post
me too

and Keith Lemon

Alex Jones
Same as you Cressy. Alex Jones misses the last letter off all her words Now Keith Lemon now don't get me started !!!

---------- Post added 25-03-2017 at 12:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy266 View Post
I am getting a bit fed up of hearing James Corden
Yes, he don't half think he's somebody !
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 13:26   #7
Mister M
Registered User
Mister M's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: In my own world
Total Posts: 9,061
I would agree with all of the suggestions above, but would also add Sinead from Coronation Street.
_______
No Theresa May is better than a bad Theresa May.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 14:43   #8
gomgeg
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2015
Total Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy266 View Post
I am getting a bit fed up of hearing James Corden
Don't worry, he'll disappear up his own backside soon.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 14:46   #9
canetoad
Registered User
canetoad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: handsworth
Total Posts: 200
Harry hill when he thinks he's hilarius whilst commentating on you've been framed I just turn the sound off!!
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 15:17   #10
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny
pattricia's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Total Posts: 75,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by canetoad View Post
Harry hill when he thinks he's hilarius whilst commentating on you've been framed I just turn the sound off!!
Yes he's really childish isn't he ?
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 15:48   #11
ukdobby
Registered User
ukdobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Rojales
Total Posts: 10,021
Schofield,but he did walk over a bridge.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 16:00   #12
sedith
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: West Country
Total Posts: 3,583
Bobby Knutt
John Bishop
Alan Carr
_______
The Devil made me do it!
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 16:15   #13
pattricia
Miss Moneypenny
pattricia's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Total Posts: 75,621
A lady who is the financial expert on The BBC morning programme. Don't know her name but she has a very broad Lancashire accent. I don't think anyone dare tell her !
_______
I Dont Mind Having A Bad Reputation --As Long As Ive Had The Pleasure Of Earning It.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 18:32   #14
Mister M
Registered User
Mister M's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: In my own world
Total Posts: 9,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattricia View Post
A lady who is the financial expert on The BBC morning programme. Don't know her name but she has a very broad Lancashire accent. I don't think anyone dare tell her !
The only lady who I can think of who is the financial expert is Steph McGovern, but she's got a broad Jordie accent rather than a Lancastrian one
_______
No Theresa May is better than a bad Theresa May.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 18:34   #15
GreyhoundMum
Registered User
GreyhoundMum's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 60
Julian Clary

---------- Post added 25-03-2017 at 18:44 ----------

I've just thought of another - Sian Lloyd the weather presenter
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 19:17   #16
smithy266
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Unstone Green
Total Posts: 4,299
The bloke with a really deep voice... cant remember his name, does voiceovers for some programmes.
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 19:49   #17
hackey lad
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2011
Total Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitsmoorlad View Post
Maybe I'm becoming a grumpy old sod, but there are certain people on TV whose voice really sets my teeth on edge, (like fingernails down the blackboard). Regardless of whether or not they have any talent, some TV "stars" make me want to destroy the telly as soon as they start to speak.
In no particular order my pet hates are:

Keith Lemon (yes I know it's a comic character)
Alan Carr
Danny Dyer
Rylan (don't know his surname and don't care)
John Bishop
Jeremy Clarkson
Janet Street Porter.

I'm sure other forummers will come up with names that make me go " Oh yesss him / her as well".
danny dire gets my vote all day long . apparently named dire for his so called acting ability
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 22:06   #18
jane2008
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Total Posts: 22,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey lad View Post
danny dire gets my vote all day long . apparently named dire for his so called acting ability
At last, someone else who agrees with me about Dyer's dire acting

I can't stand the weather girls voice on ITV, Lucy someone
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 22:29   #19
hackey lad
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2011
Total Posts: 1,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2008 View Post
At last, someone else who agrees with me about Dyer's dire acting

I can't stand the weather girls voice on ITV, Lucy someone
seriously, there cannot be many people in this world who could say danny dire is a good actor
  Reply With Quote
25-03-2017, 22:51   #20
jane2008
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Total Posts: 22,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackey lad View Post
seriously, there cannot be many people in this world who could say danny dire is a good actor
You don't know the people I do. Loads rate him.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:49.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2017

Nimbus Server