Pride of Britain Mirror Awards- sickly ?

Watched the Pride of Britain Awards last night , was truly impressed by the winners , normal human beings who had behaved beyond the call of duty etc ., what I didn't like was the emphasis on celebs who just seemed to be f@£$ing patronising decent people , eg. some kid did a painting which went to a "celeb" auction and raised almost £15k immediately .

Is it just me , or is the "Pride of Brtain" just taking the p@@s out of us plebs , hustling people off-stage with indecent urgency and cameras focusing on the rich and powerful ? Am not impressed AT ALL .........these people deserve so much better ...

I agree. I didn't watch it last night, having seen a previous Pride of Britain which I thought was a real pukefest.

I would much prefer to watch a documentary of what people nominated for the Pride of Britain did, showing them in their own environments making a difference; far more inspirational than being patted on the head by 'tearfu'l celebs and the irritating Carol Vorderman.

I would much prefer to watch a documentary of what people nominated for the Pride of Britain did, showing them in their own environments making a difference

Indeed. These people have stories that ought to make for interesting TV on their own, without pointless celeb baggage.

It must feel, well, humbling to think you've had your legs amputated due to a rare disease yet crawled through a burning house to rescue the family budgie.

Only to know you're STILL not as important as Carol Vorderman.

Slop bucket TV at its best/worst (tick as applicable).

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

It must feel, well, humbling to think you've had your legs amputated due to a rare disease yet crawled through a burning house to rescue the family budgie.

Only to know you're STILL not as important as Carol Vorderman.

Slop bucket TV at its best/worst (tick as applicable).

^^^What he says.

The combination of organised patronising pitying and the oozing celebrities have no attraction for me.

I'm taking a guess that this was ITV? I abhor that channel for the most part. I cannot watch their news programs, just over sensationalised crap. I happened to have their 6:30pm news on last night, and they were reporting on Sandy ripping through New York (as if it didn't hit anywhere else) and what was their main sub story as part of that? A couple from South Wales got married there and honeymooned there, and got delayed coming back.... Well boo f......ng hoo! Who cares!

But yes, without going off thread, I agree, it paints a mockery of ordinary folk exceeding the capabilities that some 'celebs' people wouldn't dream of doing.

I have no objection to people who exceed and perform heroic things being honoured, what I do object to is programmes like this. Its just a chance for celebs to get on TV & the real stars are the heroes, but they are overshadowed by the "celebs".:loopy::loopy:

Watched the Pride of Britain Awards last night , was truly impressed by the winners , normal human beings who had behaved beyond the call of duty etc ., what I didn't like was the emphasis on celebs who just seemed to be f@£$ing patronising decent people , eg. some kid did a painting which went to a "celeb" auction and raised almost £15k immediately .

Is it just me , or is the "Pride of Brtain" just taking the p@@s out of us plebs , hustling people off-stage with indecent urgency and cameras focusing on the rich and powerful ? Am not impressed AT ALL .........these people deserve so much better ...

If it wernt for pride of Britain David Beckham wouldnt have anything to do with his time.

I have no objection to people who exceed and perform heroic things being honoured, what I do object to is programmes like this. Its just a chance for celebs to get on TV & the real stars are the heroes, but they are overshadowed by the "celebs".:loopy::loopy:

Similar to Comic Relief, I've always felt uneasy about celebs keeping their profiles high by allying themselves to charities

Similar to Comic Relief, I've always felt uneasy about celebs keeping their profiles high by allying themselves to charities

And we're only just waking up to the realisation what heinous crimes have been swept under the carpet at several levels in the process.