Coronation street- I thought I recognised that actress from somewhere!

For my sins, I've recently started watching Coronation Street again, after donkey's years of a gap.

Audrey Roberts' fella, Lewis-the-conman has turned back up after vanishing on the continent.

A woman called Penny has turned up, claiming to be lewis's ex, whom he conned out of £10,000.

For the last week, I've been wracking my brains trying to think where I knew her from. Her face was really, really familiar.

The actress playing this character, Penny, is Sue Hanson. I finally got her name from the end credits, and lo and behold! She is the actress who played "Miss Doiyanne" (Miss Diane) on Crossroads.

Goodness gracious me... We've recycled Emily Symons (Marilyn from home and away) Natalie Anderson going from "the Royal" to Emmerdale... and in coronation street, Michelle Collins from EastEnders, we've imported Sue Johnson from Brookside... Mrs McCluskey from Grange Hill... now we've got miss Diane from Crossroads!

It'll be as bad as the Australian soaps and TV series, soon... a dozen actors, rotates between programming. (I seem to remember Mike from Neighbours- Guy Pierce- was also a teacher in Home and Away)

I dont watch any soaps PT but had read about all the people you mention coming back to The Street. I wonder if viewing figures are dropping , so they are bringing these well known faces back ?

Y'know the actor who played Benny in Crossroads (Paul Henry?) would fit in as one of the Dingles in Emmerdale