Are stereotypes always negative?

The telegraphs 9th funniest football chant was Scotland fans to Italy fans....

“We’re gonna deep fry yer pizzas.....”

Its just great banter...

I like Sheffield United fans singing to Rotherham fans "Small town in Sheffield, You're just a small town in Sheffield" :hihi:

is that being Town-ist?

Aww, using the new Alt right "snowflake" term to demean anyone who holds an opposing view.

If you had made an ounce of effort to read the story you'd realise that songs about black mens cocks are just the same type of racism that Ron Atkinson uses when he talks of "lazy *******" or when he thinks he's great for calling three of the best footballers of their generation "the three degrees" just because they happened to be black. Nobody ever called the Scholes, Beckham and Giggs the "three whiteys".

Personally, I've never heard the chant. If nobody had made a fuss it would have probably just gone away. But, it still doesn't make any of stereotyping chant right. Brighton - gays, Rotherham - Peodos - etc. It may have been seen as "fun banter " in't' t'olden' t'days. But times have changed and people should grow up.

Alt right indeed, ha ha you been reading the bloody guardian again ?

Oh and mind your language it's a family forum not an adult web site :D

Aye times have changed alright, but if you think people like me are going to change our opinions to those of people like you then your greatly mistaken.

Stereotyping and generalising is all around us, you and your leftist buddies stereotype and generalise, but guess what it's not a crime (yet), although I'm sure you will be working on it.

Fun, banter call it what you want, it still exists, it's just that all the self righteous, humourless dullards looking to be offended on somebody's behalf are crawling all over it ;)

Has anyone asked Lukaku if the chant bothers him ?

Do you have to be black to be offended by racism? Im white and i get offended by racism.

But again i'll reiterate for the ignorant. There is no mention of color in the chant.

Lukaku can get offended because maybe he doesn't want people singing about him that way. Or the people at the match who has to listen to it.

Everyone else needs to get a grip and wind their neck in.

How dumb are you.

I bet you think Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning jokes are funny.

I know people like you , Christ knows why you are so bothered to always defend your far right opinions on subjects like this and others... furthermore your arguments are always unintelligent and rather see through.

Alt right indeed, ha ha you been reading the bloody guardian again ?

Oh and mind your language it's a family forum not an adult web site :D

Aye times have changed alright, but if you think people like me are going to change our opinions to those of people like you then your greatly mistaken.

Stereotyping and generalising is all around us, you and your leftist buddies stereotype and generalise, but guess what it's not a crime (yet), although I'm sure you will be working on it.

Fun, banter call it what you want, it still exists, it's just that all the self righteous, humourless dullards looking to be offended on somebody's behalf are crawling all over it ;)

Has anyone asked Lukaku if the chant bothers him ?

Why not ask black people in general....

Edited by WestTinsley

How dumb are you.

I bet you think Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning jokes are funny.

I know people like you , Christ knows why you are so bothered to always defend your far right opinions on subjects like this and others... furthermore your arguments are always unintelligent and rather see through.

Naaa im more partial to Frankie Boyle, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Louis C.K,

Although i would admit that my political views are conservative they are not far right. Im very liberal on some subjects and conservative on others.

But i wouldnt expect a snowflake like you to understand that kind of thinking.

Just call me a Nazi and be done with it so you can show idiotic you really are. :roll:

If this thread descends further into insults then I will be suspending accounts.

Thread closed.

Edited by mort