Signing on for JSA. 1st appointment is tomorrow at JC

Are you saying that claimants should just suck up any rudeness from Jobcentre staff? Isn't it more important that jobcentre staff are not rude in the first place? People who are out of work need support rather than antagonism, wouldn't you agree?

I agree with you - BUT apart from perhaps bitching about the scenario to you and others what have they done about it?

The JSA can't correct what they aren't aware of.

I agree with you - BUT apart from perhaps bitching about the scenario to you and others what have they done about it?

The JSA can't correct what they aren't aware of.

He didn't talk to me about it, I wasn't with him. He may have told his work coach about it for all I know, but a lot of claimants are scared to make a fuss because they know who has the power and that it is sometimes used arbitrarily.

To the OP, they are not all bad by any means. But so much of what people get from the DWP, both in terms of practical help and the decisions they make, depends on who you get. If you get a good Work Coach that's great. If you get a bad one and you think a particular appointment might get difficult, try and take someone with you because they are not averse to lying.

Are you saying that claimants should just suck up any rudeness from Jobcentre staff? Isn't it more important that jobcentre staff are not rude in the first place? People who are out of work need support rather than antagonism, wouldn't you agree?

Nope I never said that, it is all in your head.

They should go with a positive attitude and be willing to co operate rather than be defensive or hostile. They have a job to do so understand that and give them what they want and everyone will get what they want.

If someone is rude then here are various ways to handle it , but being smart and keeping your calm is more likely to result in a positive outcome than getting into an argument.

Going in with an attitude that they are out to get you or they will be rude isnt really going to help.