Sign in to follow this  

The Station Agent

what a lovely film!!!!

moving quiet,

beautifully acted

go and see it

But nothing happens!

Feel good movie, more like feel nothing movie.

Not worth a watch in my opinion

perhaps you missed the subtle messages in it!

it covered areas such as phobias, gender,disability ,grief and friendship

everyone else try it and enjoy!

Horses for course I guess, and I wouldn't say the issues were subtle, I'd say that was what they'd hung on to too make an otherwise not eventful film. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, I just wouldn't actually recommend it to anyone. Just one man's opinion though!

I agree with this review I found:

Simplicity has always helped a lot of films become memorable because the simplistic nature of their story telling always had a gentle but binding strength to them. But 'The Station Agent' is just too soft. It's well acted from leads Peter Dinklage and Patricia Clarkson but the film is just like a bland vanilla bowl of ice cream.

The story centres on Fin (Dinklage) who inherits a tiny train station stop in small town New Jersey from a deceased friend where he becomes a station agent. He meets a man named Joe (Bobby Cannavale) who runs a fast food van near the station. Fin is a quiet and simple man who never speaks more than a few words every time he opens his mouth while Joe is a chatterbox of relentless proportions. They both become friends with Olivia (Clarkson), a neurotic woman with her own personal problems.

I wondered why 'The Station Agent' got made in the first place. It's not that I disliked that film because I didn't but I was curious to see how it would end and when it did it felt like an ordinary day in one's life where you say 'Oh, okay, just another day like any other. No more and no less.' Should this be a film?

good point mate

but isnt life sometimes like a bland ice cream?

its the subtle moments that often mean the most

i thought it was great

I went to see it the other day. Not the sort of film I'd personally choose to see but thats what happens when you let your missus pick the film eh? Having said that managed to stay awake through all of it even though it was about thoughts and feelings and there weren't any car chases or explosions. I was pleasently suprised by it.. Some bits were even funny even if it was perhaps a bit slow.