Bars in Sheffield

Hi, I'm coming to Sheffield for my 21st birthday on Saturday 24th March and wondered where the best places were to go in the city centre.

Depends what you like really? Probably Forum Bar and that general area (Devonshire Street / West One) or Leopold Square development behind the city hall

Tiger Works on West St is pretty good for cheap drinks and a fun night. They do HUGE goldfish bowls too!

It depends what feel your going for. If you like a more local(ish) feel and at cheap prices I would recommend The Brown Bear. It's in town but away from the main scene and has a nice atmosphere.

If you're looking for something a bit younger and more student-like then Bungalows and Bears, The Forum, Varsity, Vodka Rev or most places on West Street seem to be popular with people aged 18-30.

I think West Street is probably the best place to go, Tiger Works do great cocktails and the music's really good too. There are a few bars round there as well so you've got lots to choose from.

If you like mainstream and the usual British Saturday night fayre then West Street is your best bet. If you like things a bit more indie/alternative then Division Street is your best bet. If you like things real ale then Kelham Island is your best bet.

Well it depends what music and crowd you like but personally i usually go to Tiger Works on West Street, its quite full of students and people of that age which creates a good atmosphere and i love the music its all modern hip hop and mainstream music. If you're wanting a club afterwards i would reccommend Plug i love it there and i know a lot of other people that do its a same kind of vibe. hope ive helped :)

I agree with Holly, Tiger Works is definitely the place to be on West St. your always certain to have a lively crowd with great music which will always get you going for your night. The cheap drinks and fishbowls are always a hit for me and my friends on a night out in there too! :D

Bungalows and Bears is a favourite of mine, but so is the Devonshire Cat. In fact, this is my favourite pub EVER! SO MANY BEERS AND GREAT FOOD!

I guess it depends what kind of thing you're after.

Hi KathyAnn,

If you're into things a bit more leftfield and independent we would recommend a bar crawl up Division Street and West Street, finishing at The Harley.

Bars such as The Great Gatsby, Bloo 88, The Wick at Both Ends, Old No 7 - to name but a few are all worth a visit.

Then finish at our gaffe, The Harley, we are open til 4am, and Saturday 24th is No Uniform- our longest running club night. It's always a real party, and March's lineup will have you and your mates dancing about like loons!

More info here:

http://www.facebook.com/events/241389352612245/

http://www.theharley.co.uk

x:love:x

Viper Rooms is brilliant on a Saturday night i think! :D

Bar upstairs then club downstairs which is £3 before midnight to get in, or free with a qrist band, walking down West Street you will get loads asking you if you want one,

I would say stay Well Clear of 'beg, borrow and steal' which is opposite Viper, went in there last Saturday dodgy atmosphere (so i think anyway) quite dirty aswel,

Agreed with the Plug recommendation i love it there on a Sat!

Assuming your on FB, then most of the places people have suggested are on there,

DQ is pretty good aswel! then again not been for 3 years i bet... :roll::|

What's with all the people with 1,2 or 3 posts all recommending Tiger Works on this thread? Staff social last night?