Trades got Talent competition - 2nd September

Was anyone at or in the trades got talent competition at the trades and labour club on city road on the 2nd September.

Well what a farce it turned out to be there was arguments over other acts adding numbers to there existing acts and people going through that was already on the singing circuit, I was a contestant in the competition and I didn't go through but that's not why I'm posting, there were better acts than me and I congratulate and wish them well, the reason I'm posting is because I was warned by a guy called Barry who does karaoke it was a fix most of the time, and I now believe him it makes sense, the hosts had family and friends in the competition and I was also told that anyone on the circuit would not be allowed to enter because they were already established but that wasnt the case. It's an absolute farce and I would never enter again sue and Paul run the competition anyone had a similar experience with them

I questioned them over this and they told me different but a member of the club comittie told me other wise whose running this competition even the judges were unsure when an act added to there existing act, there's no rules and no proper organisation into this all credit to sue and Paul they put on a great show but no one knows what's what and I deem it unfair if I'd would have know what I do now I would never have enterd people who already earn from singing should not be allowed to enter

An ameture competition like this how can u have a competition called trades got talent when half the acts are already on the circuit, why not call it trades got half the club acts round Sheffield into one building

There's defiantly something dodgy about the way it's run a couple of years ago they told a lass that she couldn't enter if she whent on the circuit so she finished the competition won it and then whent on the circuit, fair play to her. But one of the acts I was talking to does west street live regular and I've seen another lady in the competition at the Park gardners perform so that means they get paid to perform then get a bigger advantage than others to win that prize too and as for family and friends in the final, hmmmm makes me wonder

I also noticed in the first round the audience voted on the acts and the judges picked so many but one of the acts brought a big crowed with him and he sang well but the judges gave him a slating for bringing loads of people and surprise surprise the audience didn't get to vote just the judges my advice to anyone who is thinking of entering a competition run by sue and Paul is, get the rules straight before you enter because the rules in this one have been made up as they have gone along

I bet Simon Cowell is shaking in his boots :hihi:

Don't want anyone to get the wrong impression about this thread sue and Paul run an entertaining competition and there's been some great acts but it's a farce even the people that was judging didn't know what to say when people was complaining over acts adding numbers to there's previous acts, people walked out and no one knows what's happening I asked if semi pro's were allowed to enter and a comittie member said no if we find out they are semi pro they will be disqualified and sue says they are allowed it's a joke

gavin i think you need to make your mind up who you are blaming here one min its sue n pauls fault next its the clubs fault. as for barry come on its business course hes going to slag someone off in the same business maybe a bit of jealousy kicking in.

as for family and friends one family member come on hes a boy whos just fun to watch brings a bit of lite entertainment to it all, as for friends they have been in business for alot of years and know what they are doing in there job they are that popular the so called friends are people who follower them round there pubs that they work at, sure barry will tell you hes got followers to ??

and lets not forget about them filling that club every week im sure the landlord will be pleased with his taking at this time of life where all these pub n clubs are closing down fast, so im sure they would be thinking bring more of your friends.

what i don't get is people that take karaoke so seriously its meant to be a bit of fun.

Edited by carol green

Gavin, seeing as you take this subject so seriously, try going to the sportsman on cambridge st on sunday nights - they are running a karaoke competition with £500 up for grabs.

No audience votes, they have 3 impartial judges (who dont know what each other are voting)

You should take your grapes with a little honey, save you all this typing.