Carvery at the Crosspool Tavern

Today I took some german visitors to the Crosspool Tavern and was really disappointed with the meal,it was cold,the turkey was so dry it must have lived in the desert,the roast potatoes must have come from Readymix and lubricated with Castrol oil,all in all the meal was crap,when my wife went for coffee she told them about it and they did apologise and gave us the coffee.when the waiter collected the plates he asked how the meal was so I told him I also told him the knives wouldn't cut butter and they should replace them after all this is Sheffield what kind off message is this sending out to foreign visitors,in all the years I have been to Germany I have never had a poor meal.Our visitors being polite said it was ok but no it definitely wasn,t come on CTs pull your socks up or there will be apartments on the site soon!:(:(:(

so in the whole of germany no one ever sells poor food?

It's cheap, cheap, cheap. What did you expect?

Next time take them to The Moorlands at Owler Bar, the carvery is great and you can also show them the countryside.

what has this got to do with germany? the crosspool tavern is for cheapskates, simple. when i was a student, i lived a 10 minute walk away, i still didn't go there.

How much did a visit to the Crosspool Tavern carvery cost per head?

i've never had a bad meal at crosspool tavern even the carvery no complaints

Can anyone who eats at the Crosspool Tavern punctuate properly?

Can anyone who eats at the Crosspool Tavern punctuate properly?
When I want a lesson in punctuation I will ask for one smartarse.

so in the whole of germany no one ever sells poor food?
Never eaten in the whole of Germany,next question!

When I want a lesson in punctuation I will ask for one smartarse.

Or two smartarses even.

Today I took some german visitors to the Crosspool Tavern and was really disappointed with the meal,it was cold,the turkey was so dry it must have lived in the desert,the roast potatoes must have come from Readymix and lubricated with Castrol oil,all in all the meal was crap,when my wife went for coffee she told them about it and they did apologise and gave us the coffee.when the waiter collected the plates he asked how the meal was so I told him I also told him the knives wouldn't cut butter and they should replace them after all this is Sheffield what kind off message is this sending out to foreign visitors,in all the years I have been to Germany I have never had a poor meal.Our visitors being polite said it was ok but no it definitely wasn,t come on CTs pull your socks up or there will be apartments on the site soon!:(:(:(

If you want to impress the Crosspool Tavern aint a place to take them to,no wonder Germans think our foods crap.