What club night is Sheffield missing?

Rave, House, Electro-Swing, Grab-A-Granny?

What audience do you think isn't being catered for in terms of club nights in Sheffield?

A local bands indie night. Arctics, Milburn, Harrison, Rev, Flying Squad, Backhanded Compliments, Book Club, Heebie Jeebies, Kartica, Retrospectives, Section 60, etc etc.

Fuzz Club, Electric Blunkett and Razor Stiletto - all sadly no longer with us and none of them because of problems with popularity either.

What audience do you think isn't being catered for in terms of club nights in Sheffield?

Grab-a-granny is missing ever since branningans shut!

Grab-a-granny is missing ever since branningans shut!

Yes indeedy!!!

A local bands indie night. Arctics, Milburn, Harrison, Rev, Flying Squad, Backhanded Compliments, Book Club, Heebie Jeebies, Kartica, Retrospectives, Section 60, etc etc.

sounds like a monthly night at O2 Academy called Soundclash.

The reason I ask is because when I first moved to Sheffield it had a thriving clubbing scene with people flocking to Sheffield from other towns / cities to go to nights at Bed or Gatecrasher.. It's the home of great parties such as NY Sushi, Urban Gorilla and even Headcharge... What happened?

Yes indeedy!!!

It was full of grannys and 2 o'clock birds!

sounds like a monthly night at O2 Academy called Soundclash.

The reason I ask is because when I first moved to Sheffield it had a thriving clubbing scene with people flocking to Sheffield from other towns / cities to go to nights at Bed or Gatecrasher.. It's the home of great parties such as NY Sushi, Urban Gorilla and even Headcharge... What happened?

I remember those special nights well, the only night that resembles the old nights is Planet Zogg.

Well a combination of venues closing, council not really supporting or helping the night time economy, a fickle crowd and a few other things have made things not as they were.

That said things aren't all bad. Sawa is always good. Plug is still around doing good things. Nocturnal on the right night is as good as anywhere. DQ still does its thing. M-code could be amazing when it opens. Things aren't terrible or as bad as they could be by any stretch.

I think the biggest night missing in Sheffield at the moment is a real trance/old school dance night - filling the whole that Floorfillers left when GateCrasher burnt down.

Well a combination of venues closing, council not really supporting or helping the night time economy, a fickle crowd and a few other things have made things not as they were.

That said things aren't all bad. Sawa is always good. Plug is still around doing good things. Nocturnal on the right night is as good as anywhere. DQ still does its thing. M-code could be amazing when it opens. Things aren't terrible or as bad as they could be by any stretch.

Agreed things could be worse but it seems Sheffield's line-ups/club-nights are pretty poor in comparison to what Manchester, Leeds or Nottingham has to offer.

People used to travel from all the above cities and further to go out in Sheffield. Can we get the scene back to how it was and if so, how?