House of Spice - Eccy Road - Anyone been?

A new curry house has just opened on Eccy Road next to Napoleons, just wondered if anyone had been yet? Looks nice from the outside. Was going to try after visiting the new Greystones pub on Friday night.

Not been but let us know what you think .It looks very purple

ooh I would love to hear what it's like if you do go.

I worked on the house of spice and attended the pre opening night on monday. The food was top class and the owners are very friendly. Theyve put a lot of money and effort into this, so good luck lads.

I worked on the house of spice and attended the pre opening night on monday. The food was top class and the owners are very friendly. Theyve put a lot of money and effort into this, so good luck lads.

the only problem the house of spice will encounter is napoleans next door ,the staff are already saying if it affects their restaurant trade they will pull favours in from the sheffield council ,competition should make people work harder to stay at the top not pulling strings to harrass neighbours

how can they pull favours from the council, most of the council were at the opening night and said how much they enjoyed the food and hospitality.

back on topic, the lamb sag was perfect.

how can they pull favours from the council, most of the council were at the opening night and said how much they enjoyed the food and hospitality.

back on topic, the lamb sag was perfect.

the council i'm talking about are the licencing ,i've known dave allen for a long timeand he thinks he's the only one allowed success,so long as no one is taking his trade he doesnt interfere ,he,s an expert at having his team put the soot down ,wait and see ,he,ll start with banning all staff from napoleons in case they copy his format or get any clues from there ,long experience of his tactics

Went the other night was excellent. Price was reasonable £15 each (inc tip) I think for curry, pops and 2 pints.

Had a takeaway the other night, was very average and both curries just lumps of meat in very sweet sauce. Not very impressed compared to some of the other curry houses we now have in Sheffield.

Hi

been a few times now and food really excellent if you know your curries. Wasted on 2am lager brigade though, as flavours too good and well blended for tosser tastebuds. My new curry spot! Staff extremely friendly. Just let anyone try to scupper it (I've got clout down at the council too!)

Bring it on!

(or pigeons watch out!!!!!!!!!!!):thumbsup:

Hi

been a few times now and food really excellent if you know your curries.

I think that I would take Bungleboy's opinion on curries over yours. Go and visit Dhanistha and then see if you still rate this place.

i agree with bungleboy. it was bland, sweet and the meat tasted poor in quality. the staff were very nice but i would never go back. try Kasmiri aroma in woodseats, where the blue room used to be. excellent. the owner gave us a tour of the kitchen. they drive the kitchen staff from Bradford every day.