How will we know when the Championship is good again?

Now that the claim from some fans is that this season is a poor Championship,how will we know when it is good again,and what will have to happen to make it good again?

I can only see that the following has happened,but what reasons could there be to make people think it's poor:

More experienced English managers coming in.

More foreign managers coming in.

More foreign players coming in.

More players who can't get a game in the PL coming in.

More money coming in through foreign owners.

More traditional big city teams coming in

Teams who came down or were in with a good chance of promotion struggling this season.

So,that's just a few examples of what happened,how did it get so poor?

My view is it,s all about the fans expectation. This league is no stronger or weaker than it has ever been. We as fans expect the best from the team we support. As an Owls fan this season has not reached the dizzy heights of what was expected and so it,s a weaker league some will say because teams who were being tipped for relegation have finished above us. If you are a Blade it,s been a tremendous season for out excelling expectations. As always the two most consistent teams will be promoted, the next four will play -off for the other place which can turn out to be a lottery. At the other end of the table some teams will be satisfied just to survive the drop. Whether it is stronger or weaker this will always be the outcome. Thats why i say it,s all about ones EXPECTATION.

It's more or less the same as it's always been, except now you have to pay more for players.

I think it was 4 mil we paid for James Beattie in 2007. Ten years later, you'd be paying more than double.

Teams who have spent a lot, and spent it wisely are at the top (Wolves, Villa, Fulham, Derby, Boro) Cardiff have done well spending less, although they do have Warnock, who can do it in this league without spending loads.

Millwall are doing exceptionally well. Both them and the Blades show that it's about wise spending, although we're clearly not at the same level as the very top teams.

The standard in general is decent. I don't think it's weaker than last season, or the previous dozen.

Edited by SomeNextGuy

Now that the claim from some fans is that this season is a poor Championship,how will we know when it is good again,and what will have to happen to make it good again?

I can only see that the following has happened,but what reasons could there be to make people think it's poor:

More experienced English managers coming in.

More foreign managers coming in.

More foreign players coming in.

More players who can't get a game in the PL coming in.

More money coming in through foreign owners.

More traditional big city teams coming in

Teams who came down or were in with a good chance of promotion struggling this season.

So,that's just a few examples of what happened,how did it get so poor?

It will only become a strong championship again when those from S6 finish above those from S2!

Why exactly is it poor?

I honestly believe that the Championship is the best League in the world.

It's more honest, it's more competitive (even in bad years) and it has the best 'true' footballers in it's midst.

Even during our horrendous season, I've enjoyed it again.

All views are my own.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Why exactly is it poor?

You'll have to ask someone from S6 to explain that one, most clubs in this league seem to think it's a strong one

Plenty of owls have said it is stronger than ever, at the beginning of the season.

Their season panning out as it has would suggest this could be true.

However, for me it is as good as it has ever been. It's not stronger or weaker.

People just see the higher wages and more money involved and are blinded by it.

Perhaps they also see more of the games on tv and make a judgement that they wouldn't normally get to give.

Top are on a few more points than at the same time last season. Second are on a few less than last season's second.

7th are 2 points lower than at the same point last season too.

United have had a poor second half of the season and mathematically could still make the play offs (could but won’t) that’s why it weaker this time around.

I honestly believe that the Championship is the best League in the world.

It's more honest, it's more competitive (even in bad years) and it has the best 'true' footballers in it's midst.

Even during our horrendous season, I've enjoyed it again.

All views are my own.

Totally agree m8 think its a excellent league anyone can beat anyone. but premier is top six yippee others there to make up the numbers only money is the good thing...but we all want to be there at least once ..Looking forward to next seasons matches with my gud friends the owls. Think tonights match blew it but still lots of ups and downs...would rather blades be there other than millwall jeez ...

United have had a poor second half of the season and mathematically could still make the play offs (could but won’t) that’s why it weaker this time around.

This makes no sense at all, because you're totally writing off what went off in the first half of the season.

We've had an average second half of the season. Could be better.

This is a classic,the Blades are the team that defines this seasons Championship,forget what every other one has done/not done.:hihi: