New owners - Castle Inn

A pub that no-one can make a go of being run by a Chef that can't stay in one place for more than 2 minutes. Should be interesting!

Hope it does do well. The Castle is in a great location and is a nice old building.

Lol @ Jonny5!

If it's even half-good. I should be there regularly. Hopefully it'll be a decent boozer (and place to get some reasonable nosh) within walking distance for me.

Currently the nearest (nice) place to get a drink for me is The Summerhouse, which I like a lot. It sadly requires a trek home up Twentywell Road etc. To be honest the place I frequent most is The Cricketers, but that's a taxi - or a drive and limited drinking - away.

Food's getting good in the vicinity. Peppercorn is brilliant. And S17 and the Cricketers are good.

We need to support all these places to keep them going!

Lol @ Jonny5!

If it's even half-good. I should be there regularly. Hopefully it'll be a decent boozer (and place to get some reasonable nosh) within walking distance for me.

Currently the nearest (nice) place to get a drink for me is The Summerhouse, which I like a lot. It sadly requires a trek home up Twentywell Road etc. To be honest the place I frequent most is The Cricketers, but that's a taxi - or a drive and limited drinking - away.

Food's getting good in the vicinity. Peppercorn is brilliant. And S17 and the Cricketers are good.

That`s good to hear. Bradway and Totley were a bit barren when I lived there. What drinks do Summerhouse have beer-wise?

Hey Jemson - Not sure how good the Summerhouse is for the hardcore beer types among you. I like a nice pale ale, but I'm equally happy drinking wine or fizz. I think the summerhouse is more focussed on the latter perhaps?

Wine list: http://www.thesummerhousesheffield.com/wp-content/themes/thesummerhousesheffield/food-menu/V5_WINTER_DRINKS.pdf

I should really let the beer people answer that question though. I mainly like the Summerhouse because it's a really nice place.

I used to go in there probably 10 years ago now maybe longer when the singing landlord was there told a joke about the fire escape all head to the big tree no not the one on woodseats the one in the car park

Lol @ Jonny5!

Do you mean the Cricket Inn ? The Cricketers is on Bramall Lane .

Going back to the Castle, there's an opportunity to succeed if they can get the balance right with the food and decent beer. There's not much decent beer competition in the area.

I hope they can.

I used to go in there probably 10 years ago now maybe longer when the singing landlord was there told a joke about the fire escape all head to the big tree no not the one on woodseats the one in the car park

I remember him, he was quite a character :D I only went in there for a few months, and he and his wife quit about the same time I stopped going in. (We relocated)

Do you mean the Cricket Inn ? The Cricketers is on Bramall Lane

That's the fella! I always call it the Cricketers for some reason...

I was quite excited until I saw nearly everything has either seafood or black pudding or dripping with it. Which leaves me with rotisserie chicken. <.<

The desserts look to be pricy, and the alcohol very little choice and again overpriced :(

It's not that often I go out for food, but I think I'll be waiting and seeing on this...