Fear x Loathing bar/cafe, West Street

What do people make of this place? It looks OK but never seems that busy. It was shut on the one occasion I decided to pay a visit. Is it another failure for this unit? The daft name doesn't help.

Doesn't look great to me when I have gone past

An attempt at the currently fashionable American burger joint and bar

Website here: http://www.fxlsheffield.com/

Haven't tried it yet but looks OK.

i usualy walk past there at 6.30 to 7pm and its always empty.

Been in, nice burgers.

Simple menu.

Would recommend it

Yeah, i've been! Nice burgers, great chips, tasty IPA and very friendly staff. Give it a go.

Guest makapaka

Love how first 4 posters haven't been in and all post an opinion.

In the world of retail and hospitality first impressions count.

I have been in and whilst the food is alright its very very style over substance. At the end of the day its just burger and chips. All these places have a limited life span and there are bigger and better established chains doing the same thing.

Problem I find with this place, its is that its interior is far too diner like to make you feel like lingering after a meal or even just popping in for a drink. Its attempts at being a bar that people might actually want to sit in for drinking are way off the mark.

As for its food, that's limited because there are only so many times that people fancy burger and chips. With little else on the menu, people vote with their feet.

It needs to establish what it wants to be more clearly. Does it want to be a "bar" that people will go for drinks in OR is it firmly set on steeling some customers away from Gourmet Burger Kitchen and Five Guys.

At the minute it seems to be a bit of a hybrid. Sometimes its best to do just one thing and do it well.

Edited by ECCOnoob

how do you no makapaka ,that i avent been in .walked past last night again and only 3 people in at 8.30.

Guest makapaka
how do you no makapaka ,that i avent been in .walked past last night again and only 3 people in at 8.30.

I assumed your opinion would have been based on more than what you saw walking past if you had?