Is it true that Lionel Ritchie originally comes from Grenoside?

My Mum has told me today that she heard on the radio that Lionel Ritchie comes from Grenoside. s this true???

My Mum has told me today that she heard on the radio that Lionel Ritchie comes from Grenoside. s this true???

Depends which junction of the M1 he gets off on :hihi:

Never heard that one before....

(i know the bloke who plays Jack(?) in Hollyoaks lives up that way - don't suppose you'd ever confuse the two though... :D )

_

According to Wikipedia:

"Born in Tuskegee, Alabama, Lionel Richie grew up on the campus of the Tuskegee Institute. His grandmother's house was across the street from the home of the president of the Institute. His family moved to Illinois, where he graduated from high school in Joliet. A star tennis player in Joliet, he accepted a tennis scholarship back at Tuskegee Institute."

It looks as though Grenoside was not part of Alabama in the late 1940s.

What radio station was that...

I've met Lionel. He liked my shoes.

Yes, Lionel Ritchie was from Grenoside originally. He wrote one of his biggest hits about the ladies in that area - "Three Times A Lardy"....