Aagrah to take over Amraj soon

If all goes according to plan I have it on good authority food chain Aagrah will be taking over the Amraj at crystal peaks lets see what happens.

Edited by allwednesday

Lets hope so.

lets hope so.

food coooked in a factory and heated up and served like the rest of the chains, like buying tesco and heating it up

food coooked in a factory and heated up and served like the rest of the chains, like buying tesco and heating it up

But still far, far better than Amraj.

It's going to be buffet only serving indian,Mexican and Chinese.

Are you sure? There may be some centralised preparation (mixing of spices etc) but im fairly sure each restaurant has proper chef's as opposed to cooks heating up food in microwaves.

I enjoyed a cookery lesson from the chairman/owner last year..nice man and deserves his success.

I believe its only the master curry sauce that is made in large batches most of the other food is cooked fresh on site.

If all goes according to plan I have it on good authority food chain Aagrah will be taking over the Amraj at crystal peaks lets see what happens.

Can't be any worse than the Amraj?

Yet again if all goes to plan Amraj re opening down in Beighton at the old George & dragon pub.

I worked for Aagrah briefly a few years ago. Granted they have a central kitchen but it is only lamb & chicken that is prepared there. All of the sauces are made on site by the main kitchen chefs. The main reason is the viability of it and it ensures what you taste in one restaurant is the same as another. It would cost them a fortune in manpower & wages to have chefs in all day waiting for meat to marinade. Anything with a fresh element like sauces, salads, vegetables etc.. is all done on site. Marinading is done centrally from meat for their own halal certified butcher.

I wish them all the best on the new site. It's good to see family owned businesses going from strength to strength.

I worked for Aagrah briefly a few years ago. Granted they have a central kitchen but it is only lamb & chicken that is prepared there. All of the sauces are made on site by the main kitchen chefs. The main reason is the viability of it and it ensures what you taste in one restaurant is the same as another. It would cost them a fortune in manpower & wages to have chefs in all day waiting for meat to marinade. Anything with a fresh element like sauces, salads, vegetables etc.. is all done on site. Marinading is done centrally from meat for their own halal certified butcher.

I wish them all the best on the new site. It's good to see family owned businesses going from strength to strength.

Me too nice family been going since it opened all the waiters are brilliant too.

---------- Post added 06-08-2013 at 21:07 ----------

I went past the Amraj today large removal van outside loading gas cooker and stuff into van looks like the Aagrah could be moving in soon.

---------- Post added 07-08-2013 at 18:23 ----------

Aagrah buffet opening soon says the banner now attached to the Amraj wall.

New Aagrah update! Building work to start on Monday 19th of august to be open around the end of September its going to be a buffet, mainly indian but to include Chinese too it

will cost £13.99 massive choice including large selection of sweets.

Down at the old George & dragon in Beighton building work well under way on the new Amraj unless he changes the name.

Edited by allwednesday