The New Champs - Was Pomona

Has anyone been and eaten here recently? I was wanting to try it with my wife but after looking at reviews on tripadvisor it has put me off.

If your looking for somewhere to go for a meal then I wouldnt go there for that. Its great if your looking for somewhere to watch football or just to have a burger and a few pints.

No, not when those threads are about the old Champs. I'm on about the new one. Confusing I know!

Atrocious. It's not Champs as we know it.

Where are the waiting staff? Why wasn't I asked how our meals were (rubbish)?

The portions are small and bland.

If this was my venture I'd be embarrassed.

No, not when those threads are about the old Champs. I'm on about the new one. Confusing I know!

If you have a look at the last page of each, they have comments regarding the new one...

If you have a look at the last page of each, they have comments regarding the new one...

Cheers. I thought they were all about the old one turning into the Graze Inn.

I'll have a look :thumbsup:

It was designed to attract the same morons as the old Chimps, so what do yo expect? Does it honestly look like a good place to eat?

I'm not looking for Michelin star food here, just somewhere to go with 20 work mates for a decent burger.

From the reviews based on this, poor service and can't even serve up a simple burger, we'll not be going.

Have to travel to Manchester or Leeds. Why can't you get a decent burger or steak in this city?

Edited by verona

You can, just not from a crappy sports bar! The Harley, the Wick, or what about the mud crab place, on the same road as chimps?

It was designed to attract the same morons as the old Chimps, so what do yo expect? Does it honestly look like a good place to eat?

Actually, you have a point here.

From outside, it does look like something that would be better on Blackpool seafront between the candyfloss stall and Rosie's palm reading hut.

We went for a friends birthday. The food wasnt fantastic but it was ok for the type of place it is. It's only been opened a few weeks I'd go with an open mind and then make your own decision. People keep comparing it to the old champs menu. That was stale after so many years of the same thing. The new champs is mainly a drinking bar with a burger on the side. Tried mud crab also which I thought was very overpriced. :roll: