How many accents are there in Sheffield?

Have some trouble comunicating with local peole due to accents.

Accents around here can change in a half mile radius ! :)

There are 3 types typically - "Barnsley Sheffield", "Sheffield Sheffield" and "Normal almost without an accent Sheffield"...

Yep, them peoles are notoriously uncommunicative in these here parts. Yee hah.

Oh I like British accent a lot.I mean those i hear from BBC radio and some films

There are 3 types typically - "Barnsley Sheffield", "Sheffield Sheffield" and "Normal almost without an accent Sheffield"...

Isnt there also a Rotherham Sheffield accent ?

Oh I like British accent a lot.I mean those i hear from BBC radio and some films

Like Danny Dyers for instance?:hihi::hihi:

So where are you from?

you will unfortuantely, sheffielders are very parochial therfore tend not mix very well with others who are 'different'

you will unfortuantely, sheffielders are very parochial therfore tend not mix very well with others who are 'different'

You've got to be talking about another Sheffield, we talk to anyone, salt of the earth us, also define different please.

Like Danny Dyers for instance?:hihi::hihi:

So where are you from?

Am from ShangHai

You've got to be talking about another Sheffield, we talk to anyone, salt of the earth us, also define different please.

I think he means "different" as in people who use words like parochial,from the 14th century.

there are about 4 as i see it you have a genuine Sheffield, a northern Sheffield that is mixed with barnsley, they call south Sheffield DE Dar's K its in place of thee and thu. then there's the south Sheffield this is mixed with a chesterfield north Derbyshire accent then the west side who all try talk very posh like Brian swell the art critic. some people try to hide the way they talk, but why change and try to be someone your not lots of TV stations no longer expect their announcers to speak in a BBC accent