Noise in Sheffield 6

Did anybody hear a low pitched humming noise in the s6 area last night. If so does anybody know what it was?

Did anybody hear a low pitched humming noise in the s6 area last night. If so does anybody know what it was?

What time was this ? With everyone cutting their hedges and lawns etc; we hear lots of humming sounds in S6.

Low pitched humming? Wasps = wasps nest!! Possibly

i heard it this morning a 6 am,strange noise but dont know what it was,

I'm glad it's not just me, Paula. I live at the top of the hill in S6 and, at night, there is a continuous humming sound, so intrusive that it keeps me awake. OH has tinnitus, so doesn't hear it & I thought that's what my problem might be. A week away in Cornwall & no humming sound, so not my ears at all.

It sounds electrical, if you see what I mean. We've turned off all appliances at night, except the fridge/freezer, but that wouldn't cause a continuous hum anyway, but it's still there.

Glad you posted, saves me having my ears syringed.

Which hill? S6 is a big area.

There were some students attempting to play a trumpet or some such instrument for a lot of yesterday afternoon and evening in the Duncombe Road, Walkley area :D

it was not a trumpet sound at 6 am this morning

When I lived at Malin Bridge the Burgin and Ball factory across the road had an industrial fan going all day and many times they forgot to turn it off weekends and nights. It used to sound like a bus reeving up outside your house or leaving your radiators on and the house used to vibrate. I had the Environmental Health out to them a number of times due to them not taking any notice of my complaints and they made them fit a box around the outside fan, however they failed to put a top on it so it made little difference. If you live anywhere near there you could be hearing this :(

We are at Crookes and heard it. It was about 11.30pm when we were out side listening. It was a strange noise, couldn't work out where it was coming from or what it was, it seemed to go on for a long time.

So it wasn't people timming hedges or cutting lawns, well I wouldn't think so at that time.

Definitely not wasps nests then

I remember now we were coming home from the pub last night about that time and I commenting about something similar to my partner. I had a brief view of it over the top of our house. It looked like some smoke/ steam coming from the area of the Bradfield Road flats at Hillsborough.:suspect: