"You can't come in with them on, i'll let you in this time"..

I almost didn't get into a bar in town simply because I had 'Rockport' boots on. The boots are smart/casual looking, and the bouncer must have had eagle eyes because there is just one 'Rockport' logo on each of the boot, the logo is quite small as well and at the back of the boots. Why on earth would anyone notice that I had Rockport boots on anyway when inside the bar was extremely dark! I don't get it, I asked a friend why I almost didn't get in just because of my boots which actually looked a lot smarter than the other peoples footwear who I was with, he said "because a lot of trouble makers wear Rockport" - that is ridiculas if that is true, anyone can be a trouble maker it doesn't matter what brand they wear.

Edited by Random Shout

It was your face, not your boots ;)

Because only chavs wear Rockport boots... Or it's 1998

Try getting in places with a stone island shirt on...

Try getting in places with a stone island shirt on...

You might as well have a (very expensive) tshirt on with "i'm a hooligan - don't let me into your bar" on it - the same effect.

I almost didn't read this :D

i struggled to get into the bloody thread, bloody bouncers wernt gonna allow me to read it for wearing clothes

I almost didn't get into a bar in town simply because I had 'Rockport' boots on. The boots are smart/casual looking, and the bouncer must have had eagle eyes because there is just one 'Rockport' logo on each of the boot, the logo is quite small as well and at the back of the boots. Why on earth would anyone notice that I had Rockport boots on anyway when inside the bar was extremely dark! I don't get it, I asked a friend why I almost didn't get in just because of my boots which actually looked a lot smarter than the other peoples footwear who I was with, he said "because a lot of trouble makers wear Rockport" - that is ridiculas if that is true, anyone can be a trouble maker it doesn't matter what brand they wear.

Used to have the same trouble with Doc Martens.

Rockport is one of those brands that a lot of nutters wear (along with Stone Island, Burberry etc), so its often on the "banned" list, like here: Casbah Dress Code

It's a bit like the "no football colours" - there are sensible football fans and there are daft football fans, but its easier for pubs to ban anyone wearing them than to get them to fill out a questionnaire on how reputable a member of the community they are.

Rockport is one of those brands that a lot of nutters wear (along with Stone Island, Burberry etc), so its often on the "banned" list, like here: Casbah Dress Code

It's a bit like the "no football colours" - there are sensible football fans and there are daft football fans, but its easier for pubs to ban anyone wearing them than to get them to fill out a questionnaire on how reputable a member of the community they are.

or

IF they start trouble theyre turfed out or arrested, instead of banning the innocent :suspect:

:hihi:Rockports? Didnt know people still wore them! HAHA! I had 2 pairs about 12-14 years ago when they were in. Cost a bomb they did. Back to the subject I know bouncers dont let brands like Rockport, Burberry and others that are supposed to be popular with the football hooligans. Saying that wearing Rockports when they went out of fashion about a decade ago is an insult to fashion!

Pretty much as others have said.

Generally speaking, its those who are wearing those brands that tend to get mouthy after a few pints, and its not worth the agro to deal with them quite frankly. Not to say that those with a suit on don't kick off, but....

Also, its private property, you don't have a right to enter. :)