Hackenthorpe Mist

Anyone seen the mist on the back of Hackenthorpe fields, looks very creepy.

I've been told that sometimes its vapour coming from the tip, not just mist. Don't want to worry people but if there are chemicals in the 'vapour', could that be the reason for the so many people being ill with cancer on Hackenthorpe? And please, no clever remarks from anyone as this is sensitive subject, thanks.

I've just driven from Doncaster and all the fields over there are like it . I assumed something to do with the excessive rainfall and the humid weather ?

sorry to ask, but what chemicals? and why rumours of cancer being caused? i live in hackenthorpe and my daughter was born with talipes, and i worry that it was caused by environmental factors, the hospital said that sheffield has a higher than average rate of it and joked there must be something in the water.....

I don't know about cancer but I've just driven along the Mosborough Parkway and up through Aston to the M1, and there was mist all the way. It's probably nothing to do with the tip otherwise it would just be in that area.

It is 'JayDay', everybody is actually smoking a joint, once in a year phenomenon, bit like Northern lights, I hear thats what some are smoking :mrgreen:

I'm on the east coast for the weekend & its very misty here tonight

It's just today's rain turning to steam from the warmth. Science people it's not hoodoo.

A tip at hackenthorpe????

I think it's closed now, and I also think it was actually a landfill site as opposed to a tip where you take your household waste to be recycled. From what I remember it was between Hackenthorpe, Beighton and Woodhouse.

It's the waste land to the right of mosborough bypass Heading towards crystal peaks after the nature reserve. The council have supposedly been talking about building some sort of leisure facility on it for years.