Unchanged, Authentic Pubs?

The Sheaf View is my local and probably one of the busiest out of town pubs in Sheffield.

Its filthy and stinks of stale beer. But i guess thats the charm.

5 deep at the bar on a sunny week day at 5.30pm

The Sheaf View ....

Its filthy and stinks of stale beer.

Hmmmm, lunch everyone!

hen and chickens .its been untouched for years

Think some of the customers in there have been unwashed for years!

Hmmmm, lunch everyone!

They dont do food. Another reason why i cant understand why its so busy!

They dont do food. Another reason why i cant understand why its so busy!

Perhaps because it's such a good pub

Don't think Sheaf View is particularly scruffy. Well apart from the toilets. I like it.

How about The Ship Inn at the bottom of Shalesmoor? They still do Stones, and the pool table is pretty cheap, as is the jukebox. It does have a slightly depressing clientele though.

The Cask and Wellington still retains the smell of decades of incontinent beardy blokes.

Don't think Sheaf View is particularly scruffy. Well apart from the toilets. I like it.

How about The Ship Inn at the bottom of Shalesmoor? They still do Stones, and the pool table is pretty cheap, as is the jukebox. It does have a slightly depressing clientele though.

The Sheaf View isn't scruffy, well not when I've been in it isn't. Now ... in degrees of scruffiness the Bankers Draft gets my award!!

Carlton on Cliffe is a great little boozer, bottom Staniforth Road

Not Sheffield, but has anyone been to The Barley Mow at Kirk Ireton near Carsington Water? Probably unchanged since about 1800!!!! Great beers served from casks which rely on gravity to fill your jug.

Great unique little pub.

Great pub I love the fact that the landlady gets the beer form the cask in a jug and pours it for you well worth a visit although its a bit of a trek!

Washington has been the same for as long as I can remember, as has the sportsman

Love the pool table some shots require special procedures a widow to be open,the ladies door to be ajar or the use of a ultra short cue.They also sell the best pork sarnies on shalesmoor.