Sea breezes terrace.

this is a much more romantic explanation than the one about the gambling builder.....

I hope Sally doesn't think you were saying she smelled of fish....

I was thinking more of the ozone rather than fish!

I work in west Warrington, and you can smell it quite often, but the locals don't notice it. After being landlocked 90 miles from the sea for 30 years to be now so close to it gives me the same buzz as going to Skeggy back when I was a nipper!

I can remember going to Turner's with my nannan, when I was little. Ahh memories.

I can remember going to Turner's with my nannan, when I was little. Ahh memories.

its a nice place to live :hihi:

It is, I live with 200 yards of it. It may have been part of the big house complex, maybe the gatekeepers lodging.

Edited by Mecky

It was once said that you could smell the sea breeze from the top of Sally Clark's in Woodhouse. Maybe there's some connection?

That's true, I've got up some mornings and waited for the bus and you can smell the sand and sea being blown in from the east coast.

I always thought it was built from the winnings of a racehorse 'seabreeze', Im sure they told us that at school (Stradbroke School) its a nice story even if its not entirely true!

Edited by sazaboo
dufus

I always thought it was built from the winnings of a racehorse 'seabreeze', Im sure they told us that at school (Stradbroke School) its a nice story even if its not entirely true!

That's the true story I also went to Stradbroke school.

That's the true story I also went to Stradbroke school.

I have heard of Sea Biscuit-hence the expression taking the biscuit-SB won many races.

I have heard of Sea Biscuit-hence the expression taking the biscuit-SB won many races.

Yes; and hence a secondhand clothes shop at Hunters Bar with the obscure-pun name of "B. Biscuit"!