The Broadfield Ale House

They let well beheaved dogs in, was a dog chillin in there yesterday

Excellent, we take the dog to the Sheaf but this is closer to our house! Looking forward to popping in over Christmas for a nice pint!

Cheers. Sounds worth a visit. Who brews the HPA then?

I'd guess that's Crown brewery at the hillsboro hotel?

Went for a late lunch yesterday and cannot praise it high enough, looking at the menu the food was reasonably priced, but then the food came out and the portions are huge. Really cooked well.

Maybe could have done with a couple more pale ales on, although the HPA was really nice.

Toilets were definitely still pretty much the same as the old Broady, but were clean.

There was a dog in yesterday as a previous poster has suggested, but dunno if that was a one off.

I would go if they had decent real ales. For me that means the smaller microbrewery stuff. Please don't tell me they've got London Pride and Black Sheep or I won't bother thanks.

Does anyone actually know what's on hand pump? How many? Fixed? Guests?

I would go if they had decent real ales. For me that means the smaller microbrewery stuff. Please don't tell me they've got London Pride and Black Sheep or I won't bother thanks.

Does anyone actually know what's on hand pump? How many? Fixed? Guests?

Not been yet to report back but the Broadfield is part of the Forum group (with the York, Forum, Old House and Common Room) who all source the beers together so I would expect to see a house beer from The Brew Company and guests from other local breweries.

drinks are on the expensive side- real ale and wine especially. But it is a decent place.

I gave up trying to get served yesterday after 20 minutes and went to the Sheaf and White Lion

I've been a few times. It's been done out nice with a good selection of beers and whiskys, but like others, I've almost lost patience whilst waiting to be served.

I think its fantastic! Went on wednesday after work got served straight away, sat down and ate a big plate of bangers and mash. Delicious my fella had the pie also delicious, congratulations to the owner its a fabulous refurb, and a real asset to the wonderful road that is abbeydale!

We went Wednesday night and loved it.

Really nice atmosphere, good background music, its been refurbished and is unrecognisable from the old place.

Went back on Thursday and didnt like it as much - far too busy with not enough staff, and the atmosphere no where near as nice. But - most people will have been breaking up for work, so everywhere is busy i guess.

Also the door near where we sat didnt work (to go out the back), but we had people almost smashing through it trying to get out every 10mins...could have done with a sign on it.

The wine is a little pricy £5.60 for a large Pinot Grigo - which for a local I think is a little steep. I'd like to see a better selection of Rose wines, as think there was only a Merlot by the glass. My husband was happy with the large choice of beers.

Where we live its between the Millhouses and here as my local (nicer pub) of choice - and The Broadfield wins hansdown for me.

I have been in since the food started and I must say it was great - I had the beef burger and hand cut chips which were the best I have tasted and my friend had the steak and mushroom and ale pie which he said was the best he ever had ... on the down side we had to wait ages to get served at the bar and then someone who came in after us got served first .. not very experienced staff I think ... the promised victorian walled garden at the back is obviously not finished yet and a bit sparse but it may come on in the spring .. all in all it was good though I hope that the live music does not stop now its under new management ....