La Bella Roma at Hillsbrough

I like it in there. Very little has changed since it was renamed from La Civetta Da Roberto - it's the same high quality experience.

i was looking at their menu yesterday - bit limited isnt it? the only real choice is a bowl of pasta, a steak or chicken.

no fish, no lamb, no venison or veal, game etc.. i'd rather have a smaller menu with variety, than loads of the same thing. it's not particularly enticing.

Your restaurant then is it :hihi: Or how long have you worked there....this is an old trick....owners and employees of all sorts of restaurants come on here and give wonderful reviews....only for subsequent posters to be bitterly disappointed.

Perhaps you ought to address the fact that someone found an insect in their food!

I don't work there or own any part of it !!! Just commented on a really good night out I had with some friends. Bit cynical of you to say that.

Hold on a minute. Maybe they aren't the owners/employees of the restaurant. I have a friend who went to the Dean Martin night and they said it was a very enjoyable evening and was very well received. A good night was had by all. Don't be so quick with your judgement.

Thanks chocki, I really enjoyed it too and didn't see any one complain. You can only tell it as you find it and I thought it was good.

Do they still do the "buy one get one free" offer on main courses in the week? I've not been past for ages, and it used to be a nice cheapish option for weekday tea.

oh and Moke, I think the other meats, game, fish, seafood etc are usually on their daily specials board.

Meh.

It wasn't awful like some people have said, the service was fine, the food arrived in good time, no problems on that score. The menu was basic though and the specials are up on boards in different areas of the restaurant so we only realised there were fish specials after we'd ordered. They should have been pointed out to us as we sat down.

The food we did get was nice. Not great, perfectly fine but nothing to write home about. Not as good as Sette Coli.

Did you notice if the BOGOF offer is still on Taxman?

Did you notice if the BOGOF offer is still on Taxman?

Yes it is. As long as you buy two starters and two mains then one of the mains comes free. As long as it isn't a steak or one of the fish specials.

Went last week for my Hen night to Bella Roma and had a fantastic time. They made us all feel so welcome and had trimmed up the restaurant and table with Hen Night goodies. The food and service was first class with a wide choice, not just your typical spag bol and lasagne !!. I am so glad we went. After the Dean Martin night I had wanted to go back, but never got round to it. Really handy for the pubs in Hillsborough too and the tram back into town. I really enjoyed the night and would recommend anyone to give it a try, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.:):)

Went to bella roma tonight with a friend on a whim and the staff were superb-so so friendly and accommodating,and genuinely keen on feedback. The food was delicious,particularly the starters and the specials items. All staff were smiley and keen but left us in peace at the same time. They. Let us take our half finished bottle of wine home and we will definitely return again. We have both been several times before and always enjoyed it but they seem even keener now on improving their service. I hope that business gets even better because they're a good bunch of people and make the whole dining experience relaxing and pleasurable.

Let us take our half finished bottle of wine home

How very generous of them. :rolleyes: