Going it alone.......

I wish I had the confidence to go in a pub/club/cinema on my own but I don't.

I know I'd feel extremely uncomfortable in these sort of settings if I was sat/dancing/drinking on my own.

I don't make a habit of going to clubs on my own, but I have done it plenty of times when there has been a band or a DJ I really wanted to see, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

As for going in pubs on my own, I do that all the time too, but usually only if I've got time to kill between other things. I wouldn't set off from home with the express intention of going to the pub on my own.

I hardly ever go to restaurants or cinemas anyway...

Originally posted by LellyBee

I wish I had the confidence to go in a pub/club/cinema on my own but I don't.

I know I'd feel extremely uncomfortable in these sort of settings if I was sat/dancing/drinking on my own.

I would not have the confidence to go into a 'normal' club by myself but the corp is different i guess. More relaxed in my opinion but then again i go for the music and if anything else happens:heyhey: then great.

I have eaten in a hotel restaurant when away for work purposes and can't stand the thought of room service again. I always take a newspaper to hide behind.

Only gone into a club alone if I knew there'd be people I knew and could hang around with.

Would like to think I could go to the cinema on my own but never actually done it.

i mean id do it in my local pub, oni cos i know everyone..

I used to have no problems going in to bars alone in town, but thats because I could more or less guarantee Id know someone there. Now all the 'locals' in town have been bulldozed or turned into theme pubs.

I can't see myself popping in the walkabout for a quick drink and bumping into someone.:rolleyes:

I was in York last year and on a Saturday night, most pubs would not let you in on your own.

They have bouncers on the doors and signs stating "Couples Only"

Originally posted by viking

I was in York last year and on a Saturday night, most pubs would not let you in on your own.

They have bouncers on the doors and signs stating "Couples Only"

Surely thats an ***ist of some description.

erm... singlist, monoist? :suspect: not fair!

Originally posted by fox20thc

Surely thats an ***ist of some description.

erm... singlist, monoist? :suspect: not fair!

Might not be fair, but it's true.