Is Rotherham's night life better than Sheffield's?

I feel that as a leftie I don't really approve of making judgemental comments about places that are socially deprived....Oh bugger that, who I am kidding? :roll:

Rotherham is a pit. It is hell on earth. It deserves to be nuked to the ground. And then all references to it should be removed from our books so that no-one can ever think of the Evil Place again. :gag: I would rather eat my own vomit laced with arsenic than go within four hundred miles of that place ever again.

I feel that as a leftie I don't really approve of making judgemental comments about places that are socially deprived....Oh bugger that, who I am kidding? :roll:

Rotherham is a pit. It is hell on earth. It deserves to be nuked to the ground. And then all references to it should be removed from our books so that no-one can ever think of the Evil Place again. :gag: I would rather eat my own vomit laced with arsenic than go within four hundred miles of that place ever again.

Well Sheffield is only 6 miles away. You best move away then... :hihi:

I'm reassured to know that the current Rotherham is just a beta.

Beta nite?

Have i missed something here Rotherham better night life than Sheffield?

Well I guess if you like scruffy pubs,fighting and a town centre on its knees then it may be.

I go to Rotherham with the girls quite alot now - used to go to Barnsley but it just got way too busy. I love Sheffield for a night out but wouldn't go regular as the pubs are more spaced out so you miss valueable suping time to get to em lol. When we do go to Rotherham we tend to stick to Bluecoats (weatherspoons so cheap drinks to start with), Cross keys (but usually dead so we liven it up lol) High Bar, FUBAR (also known as Irish bar and great for the old shots) down to Elliots and then finish of at Snafu's for the live band

They were going to do a TV series called "CSI:Rotherham" but the idea was scrapped because not enugh people here have dental records and everyone has the same DNA!

Is Rotherham better than Sheffield? Not in a million years! It's aweful, full of chavs, old women out looking for husband number 6 and no where to get a decent curry at the end of the night.

Hmm. Snafu and Fubar.

Tasty names. Tasty pubs.

I dunno, many people believe that Snafu has ruined the live music scene in Rotherham through not pushing the envelope.

They don`t get the "real" bands like the Tut or Charters used to 10-20yrs ago because they won`t put them on.

They prefer covers bands, many of which are really good, but there`s something not quite right about watching middle-aged men shoehorning contemporary indie covers into their set to try and get "down with the kids"

Other than that, the main problem is often the sound. The venue seems to express a clear preference for running everything through the PA and keeping the stage sound down which makes for a very sterile listening experience and again creates a very middle of the road atmosphere.

If it was a "proper" rock bar it would be apparent from the reluctance of passing chavs to try and get in for a quick one on the way to their local webbed-feet support meeting.

...and if you dance too enthusiastically you get dragged out, which I`ve seen happen to many people. Though the bouncer isn`t half as cocky when he`s stacking shelves in Wilkinson :)

Is Rotherham's night life better than Sheffield?

No and i work there (god, someone help a dj get out of here)

Next!

Hmmmm what about Doncaster?

Flat ...... which is why there`s so many smackheads cos they don`t have to walk up a hill to buy a bag.

Might make a good seaside resort in a few hundred years ... once they`ve cleaned the needles up off the beach.

Give it to Lincolnshire I say!