Wednesday in top ten

Most successful clubs in English football as of now are

1- Man utd 42 major titles

2- Liverpool 41

3- Arsenal 30

14- Sheff we'd 8 (4 lge, 1 cup, 3 lge cup)

17- Sheff utd 5 (1 lge, 4 cup)

Quite respectable considering the number of league clubs, both past and present. But it also puts things into perspective.

How do the Sheffield clubs fare in each decade or maybe every 25 years I wonder?

Quite respectable considering the number of league clubs, both past and present. But it also puts things into perspective.

How do the Sheffield clubs fare in each decade or maybe every 25 years I wonder?

Neither won anything in last 25 seasons ( including this)!

Neither won anything in last 25 seasons ( including this)!

Some haven't won anything for 93 years!

Most successful clubs in English football as of now are

1- Man utd 42 major titles

2- Liverpool 41

3- Arsenal 30

14- Sheff we'd 8 (4 lge, 1 cup, 3 lge cup)

17- Sheff utd 5 (1 lge, 4 cup)

14 - Sheff Wed 8 (4 lge, 3 cup, 1 lge cup)

Some haven't won anything for 93 years!

We won a trophy last season, and a plate or something in 06. Try not to be jealous.

14 - Sheff Wed 8 (4 lge, 3 cup, 1 lge cup)

Just testing!

Funny, but only the other day, a lad from Huddersfield, who I used to work with told me that Huddersfield FC is still the only team to win the First Division/Premier League three years in a row. Hard to believe with Liverpool and Man U. winning so many titles.

Man Utd have won three premier league titles in a row twice 1998/99 onwards then 2006/07 onwards. Arsenal won the First Division three times in a row 1933/34 onwards. Liverpool won the First Division three times in a row 1981/82 onwards. Huddersfield are the only other team to do this 1923/24 onwards and probably the most remarkable.

Edited by Yorkie2000

Man Utd have won three premier league titles in a row twice 1998/99 onwards then 2006/07 onwards. Arsenal won the First Division three times in a row 1933/34 onwards. Liverpool won the First Division three times in a row 1981/82 onwards. Huddersfield are the only other team to do this 1923/24 onwards and probably the most remarkable.

Maybe my friend said Huddersfield was the first to do it. I will ask him if that's what he meant, next time we talk.

Maybe my friend said Huddersfield was the first to do it. I will ask him if that's what he meant, next time we talk.

I think Huddersfield Town were the first do it in what might be called 'organised football'. A remarkable achievement when there were no Arabic oil consortiums, American billionaires, or Russian ogliamaches (?) to finance them.

---------- Post added 19-04-2018 at 22:44 ----------

I think Huddersfield Town were the first do it in what might be called 'organised football'. A remarkable achievement when there were no Arabic oil consortiums, American billionaires, or Russian ogliamaches (?) to finance them.
The 'Terriers', and Arsenal did it by solid management fulfilled by money coming through the turnstiles.