Fear x Loathing bar/cafe, West Street

I love it, I took a read on Trip Advisor before visiting. Really tasty food, friendly staff and couldn't really ask for much more! They are still in their 'Beta Phase' which is apparently their training stage, and releasing a full menu soon I think! If you haven't been yet I definitely think its worth a visit!

I love it, I took a read on Trip Advisor before visiting. Really tasty food, friendly staff and couldn't really ask for much more! They are still in their 'Beta Phase' which is apparently their training stage, and releasing a full menu soon I think! If you haven't been yet I definitely think its worth a visit!

Three exclamation marks and you quizzed the staff about their training regime and menu plans. You must be a very satisfied customer indeed.

It's reviews like yours that mean there is no point reading Trip Advisor for objective opinions.

I have now been. It isn't the cheapest place to grab a burger and until they launch their full menu later this month (when it has hopefully become a bit busier) the choice is somewhat limited. However the burgers are quality and tasty. They also have craft beer to wash it down with!

I prefer Fish & Chips?

Me too! Lol

Me too! Lol

Now there's a surprise! ;c)

Hi there to everyone on this thread!!

My name is Michael Ajewole, General Manager at Fear X Loathing. I have more or less been involved with this project since its creation so love everything about Fear X Loathing and The Juicy Kitchen, its part of my DNA. That said, my own views regarding it will naturally have some bias.

I have noticed that a lot of you have only walked past and not been inside, I am here to rectify this by offering you a discount of 25% if you quote 'SHEFFIELD FORUM' when you visit before 1st February 2016. I would like to invite all of you on this thread to come in and pay us a visit to see what were are actually about.

We are new and independent, and new to the restaurant scene and would appreciate it. Yes, this means that sometimes we can still have the odd quiet evening now and then whilst we still try to promote the brand but this does not hinder us from being a quality outfit :)

Thanks for your time and hopefully we'll see you soon :)

Hi there to everyone on this thread!!

My name is Michael Ajewole, General Manager at Fear X Loathing. I have more or less been involved with this project since its creation so love everything about Fear X Loathing and The Juicy Kitchen, its part of my DNA. That said, my own views regarding it will naturally have some bias.

I have noticed that a lot of you have only walked past and not been inside, I am here to rectify this by offering you a discount of 25% if you quote 'SHEFFIELD FORUM' when you visit before 1st February 2016. I would like to invite all of you on this thread to come in and pay us a visit to see what were are actually about.

We are new and independent, and new to the restaurant scene and would appreciate it. Yes, this means that sometimes we can still have the odd quiet evening now and then whilst we still try to promote the brand but this does not hinder us from being a quality outfit :)

Thanks for your time and hopefully we'll see you soon :)

When are you open?

I made a special effort to come into town for a visit one night a month or 2 ago but you were shut. As I thought you were a bar that did burgers I thought you'd be open every night. Seems not and that you are more of a restaurant which opens only at particular times.

According to their website they are open serving food Tuesday to Saturday from midday until 9pm, with the bar staying open serving drinks later at the weekend. Closed Sunday and Monday.

When are you open?

I made a special effort to come into town for a visit one night a month or 2 ago but you were shut. As I thought you were a bar that did burgers I thought you'd be open every night. Seems not and that you are more of a restaurant which opens only at particular times.

Hi,

We are open serving food between 12 - 9.30pm Tuesday to Thursday and 12 - 9pm on Friday and Saturdays. These have been our opening times since we opened in October, we have never changed these. However, we do stay open as a bar afterwards but if we have no custom ie earlier in the week we may close earlier than advertised (11pm Tuesday/Wednesday, 12am Thursday, 1am Friday into Saturday earlier hours and 2am Saturday into Sunday earlier hours) but never earlier than 10pm.

Hopefully this clears things up :)

Hi,

We are open serving food between 12 - 9.30pm Tuesday to Thursday and 12 - 9pm on Friday and Saturdays. These have been our opening times since we opened in October, we have never changed these. However, we do stay open as a bar afterwards but if we have no custom ie earlier in the week we may close earlier than advertised (11pm Tuesday/Wednesday, 12am Thursday, 1am Friday into Saturday earlier hours and 2am Saturday into Sunday earlier hours) but never earlier than 10pm.

Hopefully this clears things up :)

Looking at the comments above and the dates posted, they had tried to visit on a Monday so unsurprisingly it was closed!

Looking at the comments above and the dates posted, they had tried to visit on a Monday so unsurprisingly it was closed!

The thing is whether people think it's a bar or a restaurant. Bar = open every night whether it's busy or not. Restaurant = opens whenever it wants and punter needs to check times, and it may shut if not busy.

I thought it was a bar so turned up one night to find it shut. Turns out it's a restaurant. That only sells burger and chips. Not for me, thanks.