Torksey in the 70s

anybody on this forum used 2 go down 2 torksey in lincolnshire in the 70s. there was a real good gang of sheffield lads and lasses who hung out together , n barrat, darbys, b .brooks, and loads more . the sites they were on were the elms, swan , rydal mount, hume arms and little london. we used 2 hang out in the castle pub, carpenters, and raindeer, be great 2 hear from anyone from then cheers

Both my father and I still have caravans there, to this day.

Quiet, near enough to Sheffield to get there easily.

There's great fishing, not only on the site but on the Trent and the canal, for my dad and my other half, who both love fishing.

It's a brilliant bolt hole, to go and chill out from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I absolutely love it there!

(oh, yes, and the Swan does a fantastic Sunday lunch!)

PT

Can any of you remember Ray who used to keep the Swan? He was an ex guardsman, and was a brilliant bloke, but not one to argue with.

Originally posted by Plain Talker

oh, yes, and the Swan does a fantastic Sunday lunch!)

PT

Find the landladie is a bit flirty though.

Originally posted by Cycleracer

Find the landladie is a bit flirty though.

and what's wrong with that Cycleracer?

Well if she was a young 30 year old then nothing, but she's about 50 or do I attract the older ones.

Eeeeek.

OY !!!! There's nowt wrong with 50yo women....I am married to one....lol

next time you go in the swan see if my old mate neil barratt is in

Better than the Hume Arms, god, thats gone down the nick from when the old landlord Sam ran it. Never particularly liked the bloke , but he ran a good pub and restaurant. Halcyon days!

Originally posted by brooksy

anybody on this forum used 2 go down 2 torksey in lincolnshire in the 70s. there was a real good gang of sheffield lads and lasses who hung out together , n barrat, darbys, b .brooks, and loads more . the sites they were on were the elms, swan , rydal mount, hume arms and little london. we used 2 hang out in the castle pub, carpenters, and raindeer, be great 2 hear from anyone from then cheers

Wow!

I was probably too young to be in any gangs. I tended to stay in the Rydal mount sand pit with a clutch of Star Wars figures, if I wasn't fishing with my grandfather.

What wonderful times!

my parents had a caravan behind the Hume Arms for nearly 2o years my father was a disabled gent with calipers on both legs very sociable, my mother was not so sociable. they often had my eldest daughter with them maybe someone remembers them.

We used to play golf at Torksey in the 70s, and Kate who did the cooking was a star in the kitchen where she produced some of the finest meals I have ever tasted at any gold club in the country.