Money shortage at schools

i often hear thats theres a huge shortage of money for schools,some claim on tv ect,they have no toilet rolls ect,ect,is this the case in sheffield,is there 40 in a class ect or is it just political jargon?

Heard some of them can not afford school books.

Current government has little respect for younger generations. There is a gap.

Maybe they use the toilet paper to write on.

The amount of per pupil spending in England's schools has fallen by 8% since 2010, says an analysis by the Institute for Fiscal Studies.

The study says rising pupil numbers - and cuts to local authorities and sixth form funding - have seen a real-term reduction in school spending.

The Department for Education says funding will be at its "highest ever level", reaching £43.5bn by 2020.

Who do you trust for information, the BBC or our Government!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44794205

The amount of per pupil spending in England's schools has fallen by 8% since 2010, says an analysis by the Institute for Fiscal Studies.

The study says rising pupil numbers - and cuts to local authorities and sixth form funding - have seen a real-term reduction in school spending.

The Department for Education says funding will be at its "highest ever level", reaching £43.5bn by 2020.

Who do you trust for information, the BBC or our Government!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44794205

They are actually both right. The government doesn't take into account inflation.

They are actually both right. The government doesn't take into account inflation.

One of them is being disingenuous.

Heard some of them can not afford school books.

Current government has little respect for younger generations. There is a gap.

Rubbish, I know someone who works at a school and at the end of term she offered me leftover text books because they were no longer needed. I asked why couldn't they be used next term but apparently they have to have used all their budget and then start a fresh budget in the new September term.

In my day they would have been kept in the cupboard for the following terms, waste not want not. There's just as much waste goes on in schools as in the NHS.

Rubbish, I know someone who works at a school and at the end of term she offered me leftover text books because they were no longer needed. I asked why couldn't they be used next term but apparently they have to have used all their budget and then start a fresh budget in the new September term.

In my day they would have been kept in the cupboard for the following terms, waste not want not. There's just as much waste goes on in schools as in the NHS.

Hi Jaffa.

You are wrong.

That’s all.

XXXX

Hi Jaffa.

You are wrong.

That’s all.

XXXX

I suppose it all depends on which school and towns we are talking about and what goes on behind closed ( school ) doors.

So, on the basis of second hand information provided by "someone" in one school, the English education system is not underfunded. Which means the majority of governors, headteachers, teachers, support staff, parents, councillors and MPs are wrong.

Text books are often 'no longer needed' and this could be for a number of reasons e.g. temporarily as in the case of guides to literature, or permanently due to wear or a new curriculum.

As you are most likely being offered the property of a private business, you should make sure that "someone" is permitted to make that offer.

As most schools that use text books are likely now to be private businesses then any comparison with the NHS and "my day" are unsound and unreasonable.

These are unused exercise books, clean and unwritten on but they are going to good use, my grandkids do their homework in them.

I blame the teachers for being wasteful and throwing them out so to have new the following term.