Death in Paradise Drama TV 3/9/18

Did anyone watch the programme last night on UKDramaTV? Scheduled for an hour it had three long advert breaks and the programme started part way through the show just so it would fit in an hours slot.

Is it not on iplayer somewhere?

I was just saying that they lost a fair bit of the programme, it missed the beginning of the programme and started part way through. DramaTV say: We like to start programmes on the hour or at particular junctions, and sometimes in order to do this we need to edit programmes.

Whats the point of not showing the programme in it's entirety, I see UK Gold have Last of the Summer Wine down for 40 minutes, they extend the slot to put more adverts in.

Whats the point of not showing the programme in it's entirety, I see UK Gold have Last of the Summer Wine down for 40 minutes, they extend the slot to put more adverts in.

Have to say that the last edition of Summer Wine I watched seemed to last for hours, let alone 40 minutes!

I was just saying that they lost a fair bit of the programme, it missed the beginning of the programme and started part way through. DramaTV say: We like to start programmes on the hour or at particular junctions, and sometimes in order to do this we need to edit programmes.

Sounds a lot like North American TV programming, everything revolves around the commercials and there are lots. Example: a half hour Coronation Street episode on CBC (Canada) has 4 breaks for ads, believe it or not. No part one and part two over here. Lol