Tracing Family Member

I am trying to trace my mums family back but have very little to go on as she never spoke about it. Her name is Catherine Burbeary born on 26.3.1932. Her mum was Mary Thomson and they lived on Manor Oaks Road Wybourn, did you know her?

Can you explain a little clearer - was Catherine's maiden name Burbeary or her married name and was Mary Thomson a married name?

There is no record of a Catherine Burbeary born 1932 only a death in 1995

More detail needed if possible.

I am trying to trace my mums family back but have very little to go on as she never spoke about it. Her name is Catherine Burbeary born on 26.3.1932. Her mum was Mary Thomson and they lived on Manor Oaks Road Wybourn, did you know her?

Possible

Marriages Sep 1964

BURBEARY KENNETH A - GARDNER SHEFFIELD 2D 543

GARDNER CATHERINE - BUR[b_][E_]ARY SHEFFIELD 2D 543

K A Burbeary, 325 Manor Oaks Road in 1973 Directory

Her maiden name was Thomson, her married name is Burbeary and they got married on 8.8.64. I can't find any record before this. I have searched through marriages and births, but found nothing.

If Hillsbro sees this I'm sure he'll try to help.

If Hillsbro sees this I'm sure he'll try to help.
I did try but could find nothing new. The 1995 entry in the deaths index for Catherine Burbeary gives the correct date of birth, 26 March 1932, but there is no birth record for a Catherine Thomson in 1932, nor does the 1939 Register have a corresponding record. Either there is a mistake in the births index or some other inaccuracy in the data. As retep noted, Catherine's surname at the time of her 1964 marriage was Gardner (there is no Catherine Thomson/Gardner marriage). As it happens, 26 March 1932 was my own mother's thirteenth birthday!

I did try but could find nothing new. The 1995 entry in the deaths index for Catherine Burbeary gives the correct date of birth, 26 March 1932, but there is no birth record for a Catherine Thomson in 1932, nor does the 1939 Register have a corresponding record. Either there is a mistake in the births index or some other inaccuracy in the data. As retep noted, Catherine's surname at the time of her 1964 marriage was Gardner (there is no Catherine Thomson/Gardner marriage). As it happens, 26 March 1932 was my own mother's thirteenth birthday!

You are such a star always trying to help

Thank you so much for trying, I too keep hitting brick walls unfortunately. I was hoping someone would say 'I knew your mum'.

Kenneth Burbeary seems to be still living Manor Oaks Road does he not have any information?

Like Hillsboro I have been unable to find anything for a Catherine Gardner other than the 1964 marriage, or any Thomson connection.

A marriage certificate may show a fathers name, is there a possibility she was adopted.

Wow, I never thought of that!!! total mystery now.....

Hi,

This may be of interest

Catherine M. Thomson

Married: 1946

Henry A. Garner (note spelling)

It is possible, the above Catherine had a middle name of Mary, if so, it is also possible, that your Catherine Thomson born 1932 was a 'love child' and when her mother eventually married, she was brought up with that name (or adopted it.) This happened in my family tree.

I realize the name on the marriage to Kenneth A. Burbeary was Gardner but this could be a typo which may apply to either of these marriages.

HAPPY HUNTING