Update on the 'ifollow' thingy.

I noticed somewhere on line yesterday that this 'ifollow' thingymebob is being pushed and promoted by a lot of clubs at the moment.

Maybe DC is right and most clubs will revert to his way of thinking next season.

The death of proper football is nigh ...........................

But we've known that since Murdoch first got involved.

We older 'uns did warn ya, but we were ignored.

I follow has nothing to do with the BBC radio broadcasts it is an EFL platform in agreement with Sky, it was introduced for people abroad only but has been widely abused so this year it can be obtained in the UK but not for Saturday games between 2-15 and 5-15, however people do seem to get these streams through YouTube and other ways, I don't think any of this is down to Chansiri's initiative at all.

Please try not to take my differing opinion on this to the one you have as any kind of dig, it is what it is and nothing else

Edited by jjjker

Ifollow is an EFL initiative that clubs subscribe to, it broadcasts Saturday games for overseas viewers and commentary for the UK, from this seaon onwards it can show midweek and Sunday games to UK viewers at a cost of (I think) £10per game.

Why doesn't Chansiri 'serve' his 'customers' with both services? I'm aware ifollow has nowt to do with the BBC or any other accepted free medium. Football has been free on British radio since the early 1900's. It's coverage spread to the whole nation and then the World

The Internet is just Global radio when all said and done. It's not as if Wednesday or any other club are incurring costs for this 'service' to continue. It doesn't inflict any losses on the clubs involved. It's a further jackboot of Thatcher's Britain

Edited by Hotmale 1954

Why doesn't Chansiri 'serve' his 'customers' with both services? I'm aware ifollow has nowt to do with the BBC or any other accepted free medium. Football has been free on British radio since the early 1900's. It's coverage spread to the whole nation and then the World

The Internet is just Global radio when all said and done. It's not as if Wednesday or any other club are incurring costs for this 'service' to continue. It doesn't inflict any losses on the clubs involved. It's a further jackboot of Thatcher's Britain

Chansiri saw an opportunity to make money by refusing the BBC offer but it seems to have backfired, my opinion on the I follow is it will reduce attendances but give families a chance to see games at an affordable price from their own home, like you say it's destroying the match day experience as us older ones know it.

Chansiri saw an opportunity to make money by refusing the BBC offer

It was (and is) highly unlikely Chancer will make any worthwhile income from the ifollow service. That said, eventually, there may be 10,000 interested people around Europe and another good few thousand around the rest of the World, so he could possibly make enough money to increase his Taxi fleet

I await 'Official Figures' from the club telling us that 500,000 have subscribed and that everything is Hunky Dory.

Looking forward (long after Chancer has gone) there may be perhaps 3,000 in Hillsborough to watch a game, and 60,00 watching on ifollow Worldwide (maybe more). Plenty of dosh there Mr C! Well done!!

In that case, the pitch will be on the roof of a Cinema or Supermarket complex and will be known as 'The Forgotten Arena'

What a mess the need for money and profits has made to this City, our Club, and this country in general.

I despair, but we move on...................................