Things that annoy me when I'm walking

your last one: dogs jumping up at you. For heaven's sake (some) dog owners, you may love your dog but don't assume we all do!

Badly-maintained footpaths

folks not responding to your cheery 'Hello'

I do a lot of litter picking around Stannington and the amount of crisp packets I pick up is deplorable. I blame Walkers.

I do a lot of litter picking around Stannington and the amount of crisp packets I pick up is deplorable. I blame Walkers.

Oh dear :|

Agree with the dog one as well. My son is 6 and despite our best efforts remains terrified of dogs. It takes superhuman strength to not swear like a navvy at folk who chuckle as their dog leaps up repeatedly at a clearly terrified child :rant: just being playful? I might use the same excuse as I punch you soundly in the face. Control your dogs.

Phew, rant over! :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 18:38 ----------

I also have the shoelace problem, but only on one foot. Don't know what's about :D

Agree with the dog one as well. My son is 6 and despite our best efforts remains terrified of dogs. It takes superhuman strength to not swear like a navvy at folk who chuckle as their dog leaps up repeatedly at a clearly terrified child :rant: just being playful? I might use the same excuse as I punch you soundly in the face. Control your dogs.

Phew, rant over! :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 18:38 ----------

I also have the shoelace problem, but only on one foot. Don't know what's about :D

I also agree with the dog problem/annoyance:thumbsup:

No probs with laces though. I wear wellies:roll:

The dog jumping doesnt bother me, i actually welcome it BUT i wouldnt allow my two dogs to jump on others as i know it's not for everyone..

I agree with the gates and stiles! there are some shoddy ones at Bradfield and i've quite often cut my hand..

I also dislike those wooden step overs! dont know why but dread using them :huh:

As for roadwalking, i can't help but show it on my face the disgust i have for exhaust fumes! This makes me chuckle as i am also a driver but yet i still think HOW DARE THEY whilst i'm out walking..

My biggest pet hate is when you have no choice but to walk onto a road because of no footpaths being available and some TWONK comes speeding passed you in their car! I like to both walk and drive into the country side so i get both sides but does it REALLY harm you to slow down whilst passing someone walking on the road!!!! :rant::rant:

Looking forward to spring walks though :cool:

My top things are out of control dogs and litter.

I walk with my dog and I always put her on a lead when someone's coming as I know she can be over friendly with people and not everyone likes that. If someone wants to stop and give her a fuss that's fine but I'd never let her force herself on someone!

She also doesn't like other dogs so dogs running up to us can absolutely ruin a walk for us both.

It's not hard - PUT YOUR DOG ON A LEAD WHILE YOU PASS. It's like 30 seconds of your life, it isn't harming you or your dog but it makes everyone's life so much more pleasant.

Litter is just gross. Anyone chucking litter on the floor should have their hands chopped off, and if fly tipping should have all their vehicles (and balls) crushed :)

Litter is just gross. Anyone chucking litter on the floor should have their hands chopped off, and if fly tipping should have all their vehicles (and balls) crushed :)

not countryside related, but you'd probably appreciate my friend's response to seeing a guy throw an empty fag packet out of his car window when parked up. She went along the road collecting loads of litter, and threw it into his car window :hihi:

not countryside related, but you'd probably appreciate my friend's response to seeing a guy throw an empty fag packet out of his car window when parked up. She went along the road collecting loads of litter, and threw it into his car window :hihi:

excellent!!