Bus service changes in Sheffield - September 2017

Interesting article in The Star (Yeah I know I'm shocked as well), which confirms that NO public consultation took place http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/exclusive-controversial-south-yorkshire-bus-service-changes-introduced-without-public-consultation-1-8749555

I love the bit from First that says ""97 per cent of passengers" will see that the level of service is the same or has improved.". How does he know if no one was asked?

I just wondered what everyone else's opinion on the current running of buses in Sheffield? following the new timetable it appears that less buses are running, meaning that when one does actually come more often than not you are left standing leaving it difficult for people to get on and off! Also I wondered if the remaining double decker buses had been sold off? as nearly all the buses that pass me by are singles

There are some further tweaks to some First bus timetables from this coming Monday to adjust provision of services to schools reflecting unexpected changes in demand from the last school year.

https://www.firstgroup.com/south-yorkshire/news-and-service-updates/planned-changes/minor-service-changes-25th-september-2017

I use the number 3 bus to Wincobank school twice a day. If buses are taken off due to lack of use then I can understand that. But the number 3 at school pick up drop /off times covers 4 schools. The buses are standing room only once they get to Firth Park. They used to be every 10 minutes at peak times. Now only every 20 minutes plus that''s if they turn up at all. Absolute jam packed. A little lad in a wheelchair gets on near Hinderwell House school, said two buses were full before he managed to get on. He'd been there 45 minutes. I had to get a taxi to pick up yesterday due to a missing bus. Ridiculous.

---------- Post added 07-10-2017 at 08:53 ----------

I mean Hinde House school!

I just wondered what everyone else's opinion on the current running of buses in Sheffield? following the new timetable it appears that less buses are running, meaning that when one does actually come more often than not you are left standing leaving it difficult for people to get on and off! Also I wondered if the remaining double decker buses had been sold off? as nearly all the buses that pass me by are singles

Unfortunately the remaining double decker buses have not been sold off, the new number 19 route uses them. They are also on the 56 route.

After Stagecoach changed the 265 to number 2,i am just getting to work on time in Ecclesfield catching the First 1A bus,but the other day i missed the 1A and asked a taxi driver the cost of getting me to Ecclesfield and he said £12-£16,so instead of paying that,i got to work late instead,the bus companies do not seem to realise that people start work at 6.00am,and even the drivers still stop for a break instead of carrying on to there destinations,and say there working to there time tables,but there less traffic in the morning so its the only time they can work to there time tables until the cars hits the roads

After Stagecoach changed the 265 to number 2,i am just getting to work on time in Ecclesfield catching the First 1A bus,but the other day i missed the 1A and asked a taxi driver the cost of getting me to Ecclesfield and he said £12-£16,so instead of paying that,i got to work late instead,the bus companies do not seem to realise that people start work at 6.00am,and even the drivers still stop for a break instead of carrying on to there destinations,and say there working to there time tables,but there less traffic in the morning so its the only time they can work to there time tables until the cars hits the roads

Drivers can't leave a timing point early, it can be classed as gross misconduct if caught. Obviously with less traffic on the road theres less to slow them down so are more likely to have to wait in the early hours

Does anyone know why 52a buses are stacking up (up to 3 buses) on Manchester Road at the bottom of Coldwell Lane, which is not on their route. Out of service buses are frequently being seen travelling down Coldwell Lane and Lydgate Lane, neither of which are bus routes. Are First trying out new routes or is this a form of industrial action by drivers?

Does anyone know why 52a buses are stacking up (up to 3 buses) on Manchester Road at the bottom of Coldwell Lane, which is not on their route. Out of service buses are frequently being seen travelling down Coldwell Lane and Lydgate Lane, neither of which are bus routes. Are First trying out new routes or is this a form of industrial action by drivers?

Temporary re-routing due to closure of Crookes turn around.