Sheffield Forum

Gin Place @Vintedge

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

01-12-2017, 20:40   #1
jemson

Total Posts: 3,038
Not sure what is actually called but it`s next to Hop Hideout. Anyone been?

A colleague told me that it`s nice but expensive. Any other drinks options....?
04-12-2017, 14:36   #2
philyyy

Total Posts: 885
My girlfriend went on Friday night and said it was rather pleasant. I didn;t get much more info but can ask if you care.
05-12-2017, 10:22   #3
jemson

Total Posts: 3,038
Yeah, that`d be helpful. What other drinks they have etc?
05-12-2017, 12:01   #4
philyyy

Total Posts: 885
I tried but I don't think she is cut out as a venue reviewer. "It was quite nicely done out, Big range of gin. No idea on other drinks".
07-12-2017, 11:27   #5
Victoria1867

Total Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by philyyy View Post
I tried but I don't think she is cut out as a venue reviewer. "It was quite nicely done out, Big range of gin. No idea on other drinks".

That happened when I went to that bar at Krynkl. My Dad is desperate to go... saw him at the weekend and he asked.. "Bit windy. Nice. Wine"
09-12-2017, 16:02   #6
GinTreeS7

Total Posts: 7
I thought that I would try a first visit the Gin Bar (formerly VintEdge) last weekend with my partner as a treat on my birthday and I was pleasantly surprised.

The decor and surroundings were eclectic and funky in keeping with the antique / hipster style of this area, with a quirky, fashionable clientele there even at 4.30pm on a Saturday. The bar staff were very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable on their gins as one might expect. I had heard that in response to feedback that they had brought their prices down just a little bit. Maybe we were just unlucky in that we both chose "trendy" gins and so the price wasn't exactly cheap, but it was good for a special treat and did include the tonic water also (that trendy one, FeverTree).

We were served with some free snacks at our table which was a nice touch, no doubt to salt our palette for another gin :-) However one was just enough for us and we then made our way over to Heeley to the wonderful White Lion for a more reasonable priced real ale.

So all in all we enjoyed our visit to the Gin bar, I can't fault it other than the prices but then its what you would pay in town if not more, and its a welcome diverse addition to the area encompassing the Broadfield, the Hop Hideout and the Picture House Social. I have heard that there may soon be a wine bar and a micro brew pub opening in the area, so that will complement the choices even further, who needs to go into town now :-)
Reply To Topic