Ashes 2017/18..

Well at least got back to bed within about an hour same old rubbish no backbone didn't look interested wanted to get back to pub I think. Not bother getting up for next matches whitewash on way possibly

I don't think it was so much disinterested but more scared. The ball was moving granted but they defended the ball pathetically at times, ultimately throwing our wickets away.

All they had to do was play sensible and work away for a while. As the day went on the opportunities would have opened up a bit for us.

Carrying too many casualties on that tour, it's painful to watch.

Root says they still are in the ashes and its not over , can't have watched videos then how in both test we folded when crunch time came . Can't see us winning two and drawing one now .

I take no pleasure in being right ;);)

That said, I think the pundits talked up our chances too much, even I was nearly on board. Maybe they believed their own press?

Edited by tinfoilhat

I take no pleasure in being right ;);)

That said, I think the pundits talked up our chances too much, even I was nearly on board. Maybe they believed their own press?

Not all of the pundits! In fact one of my main grudges in the build up to last nights game was Michael Vaughan.....He spent a good hour repeatedly telling us that we didn't have a prayer of chasing the total down and whilst at the time the negativity infuriated me, perhaps in hindsight I should listen to the professionals.

I couldn't believe how the target was talked down at times another 20 or so runs from 3or4 of the under achieving batsmen and that target was within reach. Still think that while our team is not the best neither is the aussies and it's just down to attitude. Look at the stroke Vince made to get caught no feet movement going yards wide either move to it or leave it and he just gave up his wicket at a critical time.

Crazy third test coming up.

If we would have managed to pull of the big one in the last test then this one would have been an interesting one. The Waca has never been the ground for us and I don't think we have ever won there, but they say the Waca isn't what it used to be.

Historically it has always been a fast bowlers paradise but in most recent years the ball hasn't moved what so ever and teams have hit some huge totals. I read that the last few matches at the Waca had produced several 500 totals, which shows this to be a decent batting wicket.

If we stand our ground and hold our own then this test has draw written all over it. If Anderson and Broad can find a bit of movement then stranger things have happened, especially seeing as though we finally appear to have found our length as well.

Can't see anything coming of this but it might throw up a couple of centuries which would boost confidence into the 4th test, especially if we come out with a draw or break the voodoo and pull of a very shock win.

Edited by sheffstats

Yes got to get at least a draw . They know what needs to be done so lets see . Not confident at all .:help:

Aus to win by an innings. We're all over the place.

I know we weren't exactly brilliant in the last test and we bottled the opportunity in the second innings...however I am taking the positive from it, mainly in the bowling depart.

This wicket might just throw up some confidence boosting totals for a couple of our batsmen with a bit of luck.

At 2-0 down it's time for a couple of players to stand out a bit and give us some cause to be optimistic. A draw wouldn't be a terrible score but a win at the Waca would ruffle a few feathers.

I know we weren't exactly brilliant in the last test and we bottled the opportunity in the second innings...however I am taking the positive from it, mainly in the bowling depart.

This wicket might just throw up some confidence boosting totals for a couple of our batsmen with a bit of luck.

At 2-0 down it's time for a couple of players to stand out a bit and give us some cause to be optimistic. A draw wouldn't be a terrible score but a win at the Waca would ruffle a few feathers.

A draw with the current lineup would be equal to Sheff Utd drawing with Man City, not impossible but unlikely. They've got an extra yard of pace on what is still a fast(ish) pitch and we are ******* about chucking pints over each other. We aren't going to get much in the way of lateral movement - there were murmers we were going to draft in the young leg spinner crane. That's not a vote of confidence to our current bowling lineup (who haven't been bad in parts). The batting will fall apart very quickly.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rather looking forward to the ODIs.

A draw with the current lineup would be equal to Sheff Utd drawing with Man City, not impossible but unlikely. They've got an extra yard of pace on what is still a fast(ish) pitch and we are ******* about chucking pints over each other. We aren't going to get much in the way of lateral movement - there were murmers we were going to draft in the young leg spinner crane. That's not a vote of confidence to our current bowling lineup (who haven't been bad in parts). The batting will fall apart very quickly.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rather looking forward to the ODIs.

I quietly fancy us here to get a total anyway. Wicket looks well and in bat first, hopefully take advantage of it fingers crossed. Not losing the early wicket would be a start!

Steady opening partnerahip and a solid first day please chaps.

---------- Post added 14-12-2017 at 02:57 ----------

Well that shows me for getting excited! I actually thought both openers started out looking very assured...And then boom, starc throws a fast one and cook walks AGAIN.

Nearly 70 runs from 5 innings from and opener....ouch!

Fingers crossed the rest steady the ship and hit some runs now...

Edited by sheffstats

Cook has got to be looked at let us down again. Batting fell apart 175 for 4 at tea these two have got to stay in today. Know the beer incident was trivial but need to get brains in order. Acting like young kids on the **** not sportsmen losing 2 ,0 in the ashes. But come on England give us a bit of hope.

---------- Post added 14-12-2017 at 07:38 ----------

Just been reading about investigation of bet fixing in this test. I have tried to put a bet on cook not to get a double figure average in this series but could only get odds on.